“Fantastic”

Ranked #7 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Bristol
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I came here with my partner as part of a special long weekend break with friends. The location is out of the way and therefore secluded & peaceful. Had we been coming just for sightseeing we would have stayed more centrally but this was not the point of the trip.

We were greeted warmly on arrival by a lovely concierge/manager who was a warm & friendly Spanish lady - with a glass of lovely cava. Our room was not massive but very well appointed with a massive balcony overlooking the park.

From the hotel it is easy to access taxis to all the sights - Parc Guell is nearby.

The breakfast was fantastic and included in our rate ( with American Express) - served by a lovely, kind and genuine lady - Pilar.

We had the tasting menu for lunch with our group on Saturday lunchime - 14 courses inc appetizers - and 4 hours of very upmarket courses with carefully matched wine in great company - a really unusual and fun experience.

Reception were very helpful in checking us in online for our onward flight - the service throughout was absolutely impeccable.

This was a very unusual experience for me - totally intimate & luxurious - this is an expensive location but it is justified by the whole ambiance

Room Tip: We had a room with a big balcony/terrace with lovely views over a park
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JuwariahBristol
Marién I, Hotel & Guest Relations Manager at ABaC Barcelona, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to register your feedback online.
We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and the service.

We are glad to know that you appreciated the lunch with your group in our restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ABaC Barcelona very soon,

With Kind Regards,

Marién

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I spent two nights at AbaC during my recent trip to Barcelona after 3 nights at the Mandarin Oriental. Got a good rate from a hotel site, hence decided to give it a try. Besides, I knew the restaurant is top rate. Must say that I am glad I did. The hotel is in a quiet residential area at Av Tibidabo. So no shops around, but if you want to get away noise of the city, it's a good retreat. Rooms are comfortable and nicely designed. The bathroom is really cool: a jacuzzi tub with mood lighting and separate showers and a one way glass mirror through which one can look into the bedroom (but not the other way). Service is friendly and personal. Although she speaks little English, the lady who serves breakfast every morning is so sweet. Food is superb: both creative and tasty. I suggest going for the tasting menu.

I probably wouldn't recommend this to someone who's in Barcelona for the first time because of the location. But if you know Barcelona a fair bit and love food, this is the place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Pickyfellow
Gozo, Malta
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Just arrived from a 4 night stay. It is a very good hotel, but other 5 star hotels are better. We were the only couple there, on the 2nd day another couple arrived. There is no fitness area, so there's nothing to do except use the spa. The prices of food are ridiculously expensive so I suggest you take a cab and find a good restaurant. It's a very small hotel, away from the city centre. I booked this hotel because all the other 5 star hotels were fully booked. It's nothing compared to El palace hotel, which is in the centre. Once you've experienced El Palace, you cannot enjoy your stay anywhere else.

The staff was excellent at ABaC, very professional especially the breakfast blonde lady. She's amazingly genuine. Wherever you go you need to take a cab, it's 10 minutes away from the centre.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank rolexgozo
Marién I, Hotel & Guest Relations Manager at ABaC Barcelona, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for having chosen ABaC Barcelona for your recent trip to Barcelona.
We appreciate to have your feedback since we are always concerned by the remarks and satisfaction of the guests.
I would like to let you know that ABaC, as you have experienced, is a boutique hotel 5*GL, an oasis in the middle of the city which offers relax and privacy, it’s not a hotel to see or to be seen. The occupancy during your stay it was high, even that you haven’t seen other guests, we have 2 buildings, each with its own entrance. The other hotel you mention, even that it’s a good hotel in Barcelona, is totally different and it’s not comparable, it’s a big hotel with 125 rooms, neo-baroque style. ABaC offers 15 rooms and offer stylish and contemporary décor, surrounded with gardens, at 10 minutes with underground or taxi from main points of the city.

ABaC Restaurant has 2** in the Michelin Guide and it’s awarded by the Catalan Academy of Gastronomy as The Best Restaurant in Catalonia in 2011. It’s a gastronomic experience itself and it’s an ideal place for foodies. Of course we have a room service menu, which has different prices, but it’s a shame that you didn’t experience Chef Jordi Cruz cuisine. There are also other nice restaurants and bars in the area.

You’re right we don’t have a fitness area in our Hotel but I’m sure that the Front Office told you that there is a Fitness center at 5 minutes walk distance from ABaC and that the use of it is free for ABaC guests.

We are glad to hear your satisfaction with our front office staff and waiters, as friendliness and high quality standard service are a priority for us.

We appreciate the time and effort you did to inform us about your experience as guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ABaC Barcelona very soon.

Best regards,

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I agree with the reviews above about the hotel and accommodation and just want to add that its a really nice place I have found near the hotel - its a night disco called as Atlantic Disco.
I made surprise for my couple to celebrate her Birthday with our friends))) She was extremely happy and liked the evening there! Everything was amazing! We do love it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of being looked after by the team at ABaC in March 2012. Everything about our stay was absolutely perfect, from the warmest of welcomes, through pampering spa treatments to the exquisite food.
ABac really is an oasis of calm and relaxation to which we found ourselves retreating several times a day from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Oh, and Marien ... you are an angel!
The Norwegians.

Room Tip: Room number 827 was the perfect choice for light & space.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 18, 2012

ABaC is a really good hotel, if you like ambient, relaxing atmosphere and good food since it is also two Michelin stars restaurant. It must be the best hotel in Barcelona, and one of the best in Europe.

ABaC is actually a villa located in Avenguida Tibidabo where the most prestigious houses in Barcelona are. This is far from where tourists typically flock. On the other hand hop-on & hop-off bus stops just in front of the hotel, if you want to join. Tibidabo mountain and church visible for all Barcelona is tram and funicular trip away. You can get to Plaza Catalonia by metro, which station is 50 meters from hotel.

Rooms are big, well-equipped (Bang&Olufssen LCD-screen and DVD, remote controlled curtains, remote controlled lights, both jacuzzi and shower in bathroom, etc.) and stylish. Since there are not so many rooms, it's very quiet. Public spaces are extremely comfortable, and service is the absolute best you can get in Europe. I consider it extreme good value for money.

If you are looking for romantic weekend in relaxing atmosphere, take a room and book a table in the restaurant. This is the best thing you can do in Europe trousers on!

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank dr_aaltonen
Rome, Italy
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I rely heavily on the opinions of trip advisor to plan my stays. When I saw all of the positive feedback on this small boutique hotel I knew I had to try it. The reviews were accurate, to say the least.

The small hotel (15 rooms) is wonderfully appointed, in a really lovely neighborhood, steps away from public transportation but a really nice walk to many places. The staff members focus on the guests, showing the details of the hotel and making sure your needs are met - even before you arrive. They know who you are (including the bar tender whom I had never seen before!) and they take pride in making sure you want for nothing.

I was there on a Monday so I knew I would not be able to try the restaurant, but I plan to return with my husband and we will make a reservation.

I travel a lot, and stay in many hotels. When I returned, I told my husband that ABaC was one of the nicest hotel experiences I have had. It was a combination of the really lovely hotel, the service, the amenities.... I really liked the rain shower, although it is a little challenging (in the room type I as in) to open the shower, turn on the water to get warm and not get the water all of the floor. Not an issue for me, but I thought I would point that out.

Barcelona is one of my favorite cities and I love to visit. I am so glad that I have found the right hotel, and will go back again.

This hotel deserves each of the 5 stars.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Marién I, Hotel & Guest Relations Manager at ABaC Barcelona, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear Madame,

Thank a lot for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your first stay in our hotel.

I'm really disappointed that we didn't met each other but I was on holidays that week!

I would take pleasure in welcoming you and your husband personally for your next stay in ABaC and I agree you should definitely try our restaurant i?m sure that you will love it!

Best regards,