“Great dinner”
Review of Manairo

Manairo
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Manairo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #358 of 10,351 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Manairó, the restaurant that chef Jordi Herrera created in 2003, is unprecedented gastronomy. It does not look like anything or anyone: neither its dishes, nor its decoration (with sculptures of the own Herrera), nor its kitchen (with gadgets created by the chef). His proposal shows a great respect to the Catalan cuisine, to which the chef always gives a personal touch and often rupturista with the strict tradition.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Creativity is the leit motiv of this small but unique restaurant. We enjoyed food also acompanied with a superb personal attention by the owners of the restaurant. Youth + imagination results in a great formula.

2  Thank Ma_Angels

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was taken there by friends who live in Barcelona. I am not keen on tasting menus with lots of small portions but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The dishes were interesting and imaginative but also tasty and satisfying. The service was excellent and they made no fuss at all when we arrived with a small baby. Another advantage is that the place is quiet. My friends had booked on line with coupons which meant that we paid half of the regular price (I suspect most people do this) and therefore it was very reasonable. Obviously not a place to go every day but certainly worthy of a visit for an occasion.

1  Thank sebastian70
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Why is this restaurant so far down the list? It has a Michelin star, and for good reasons. Assuming you're hungry, order the Tasting Menu (10 courses) or if you haven't eaten for a week, order the Mainaro Menu (14 courses). We went with the Tasting Menu and I'm still stuffed, hours later. But it's the quality, not the quantity. Of the 10 courses, I'd rate 3 as good to very-good, 3 as very-good to great, 3 as great to outstanding, and 1 (the foie ravioli) as world-class. Overall it was a great to outstanding experience. I went with my daughter and son-in-law, and we're all spoiled silly by top Manhattan restaurants. This one measured up, in all of our three opinions. I'm labeling this review as "friends" (although it was family) because it is high-end and technically not what you would think of for "family-friendly", although I saw several families there and all seemed well with them also.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The most unique aspect of Manairo is their cooking methods, we had eggs fried with a blowtorch and cod baked over a light bulb, then different cuts of meat grilled on a bed of red hot nails.

Most of the restaurants in Barcelona have names with an interesting history or idea behind them, but Manairo's is sweet. A Manairo is a Pyrenees elf, and in Catalan folklore they live in sewing kits and if discovered they cheerfully ask, “How may I help you?”

Manairo is a special place that serves unique and interesting food, well worth a visit but not sure if we'd do it twice.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Large group---some had the tasting menu,others ordered from the menu.The food was very good with a lot of variety on the tasting menu.Service was a bit spotty because of language barrier but very friendly.Would definitely go back.