“Excellent food - no compromises”
Review of Osmosis

Osmosis
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Osmosis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 9,933 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Osmosis is in the heart of Barcelona Ensanche district. Contemporary seasonal Catalan cuisine is offered in a minimalist but relaxed environment. The main menu features just three starters, three fish dishes, three meat dishes and three desserts, to which they add weekly specials. Diners can opt for the set menu at 25 Euros or the tasting menu for 38 Euros. The restaurant makes great show of its long wine list featuring over 100 wines. Groups between 6 and 12 people can reserve the private dining rooms, while the restaurant offers personalised menus for groups over 20.
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Wow, what a truly excellent restaurant. The best thing about Osmosis is that it really doesn't aim to please the easy way. The Catalan cuisine is done by innovative dishes but not going too deep into molecule kitchen. Flavours are in many dishes really rough , for example the arros negro is like eating the mediterranean sea - very good but probably too salty and fishy for a lot of customers. And the thing is of course that it is actually pasta made to look like rice. I simply loved most of dishes and wines are excellent not to mention the service. Go, but be prepared for surprises.

There are newer reviews for Osmosis

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My fiancé took me to Osmosis for my birthday during our vacation in Barcelona.
We made reservation a day in advance and were very lucky to be seated in a private room upon request for "special occasion". One quality that really resonate from this restaurant is 'passion'. The love and pride that all the staff from the kitchen to the waiters are indisputable. We had the 8 Course menu with wine pairing, which in my opinion was the best value for money that I've experienced anywhere. The food was simply amazing. The paired wines were exceptional.
The waiters were of a different breed. We had 2 waiters attending to us in turns. They were quite the character - very proud, very friendly and very amusing. At the beginning of each course the waiters will entertain us with their storytelling-like description of each dish and each wine.
Overall we had one of the most delicious, best value, most entertaining meal ever at Osmosis

1  Thank R0j_J
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We wanted to go to Gresca and were told it was full. They recommended Osmosis and we are glad they did. The set menu was fantastic, the waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable and did a great job pairing our food to wine. The staff also recommended a great restaurant in another town we visited up the coast.

I highly recommend this and the set. The restaurant doesn't have a ton of ambiance at first glance but the staff makes the difference and it seems to fill up closer to 230/3 vs. 130 which is when they open for lunch.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The restaurant is an odd set up. When we arrived we were met with an element of surprise that we were there - depsite a reservation. We were then taken outside, through an adjacent door and led upstairs to another (small) part of the restaurant. Things improved from there I'm pleased to say. Service was excellent - firendly and helpful. Food was, for me, one of the best meals I have ever had. Not all in our party were as enthusiastic but as there are so many courses, there was something for everyone. I thought the prices were fair (about 52 euros for tasting menu). Note there is no a-la-carte, just a tasting menu but they will substitute dishes if you wish. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Wow, what a great restaurant - loved the tasting menu at 52 Euros. A great selection of well thought out, balanced dishes. It was real opulent dishes and the head chef is obviously very talented.

Staff were very knowledgable about accompanying wines and whilst they weren't over-friendly, they were efficient and pleasant enough.

Will definitely be back again next time I'm in Barca - it was one of the best meals I had all week and was much better value than some 'touristy' locations we went to

1  Thank Jessica H