“Gastronomic Marvel”

ABaC Restaurant
Ranked #276 of 10,097 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In 2000 ABaC Restaurant opened its doors in his first location, Carrer del Rec 79 in Barcelona. In May 2008 changed to his new address in Avenida Tibidabo, 1. The gastronomy is the fundamental axis of the project. The restaurant awarded with 2** Michelin, and nominated by The Best Restaurant 2011 in Catalonia by the Catalan Academy of Gastronomy, can seat up to 56 diners. Located in the newly constructed pavilion in direct contact with the garden, the interior and the exterior are found through large windows. It is a caprice of whites, in all tones. In a calm, neutral and elegant atmosphere, the sense of sophistication is shaped by the small details and the materials used, as well as a sophisticated combination of lights. The kitchen of 200 m2 has been designed by Joaquim Casademont. It is a black container, in which stainless steel furniture takes all leadership, an effect that has been reinforced by the lighting, a route marked by leds serves as a guide and allows the guests to cross it. Rooms for private events with a capacity of 20 to 60 diners respectively, complete its restoration facilities. The "Lounge Bar", which opens until 2.00 p.m. and where the music, light and color of the room subtly change;There is also an extensive cellar, offering near 1000 references, and from which you can select your perfect wine. Chef Jordi Cruz and his team of young professionals develop a creative cusine of superb technique, based on the product and which meets both creativity and tradition. In addition, our attentive yet friendly service create a professional but relaxed atmosphere, which makes ABaC holder of 2** Michelin.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have nothing but praise for the ABaC Restaurant. We went there to have a special night out in Barcelona and that was exactly what we got. the service was impeccable and all the staff seemed determined that we enjoyed the expereince. But the true marvel of this place is the food. We are both vegetarian and after informing the restaurant a special vegetarian tasting menu was created for us. It was truly exceptional. Each course was delicious and bursting with flavour. It took 3 hours to finish the meal and we were stuffed at the end. I highly recommend ABaC restaurant. You will be hard pressed to find a better expereince.

1  Thank SonyaS102

Reviewed April 1, 2013

One of the top places I really wanted to go when in Barcelona was the restaurant Abac. It has 2 Michelin stars and was awarded The Best Restaurant 2011 in Catalonia by the Catalan Academy of Gastronomy. They are also famous for their suckling pig and we were lucky to get a table.
It is a beautiful environment, calm and created to simply adore the beautiful food.
We started with a glass of vintage and delicious cava and after this we had a beautiful amuse bouche, a rum cocktail with infused sugar cane
There was another apetizer, I don’t know how it was created but it just melted in my mouth. It was a shot of onion consomme and on top was the thinnest wafer with foie gras that just melted in my mouth!
I don’t eat a lot of bread but this bread, with butter was so delicious I just had to eat it and I could not decide what was better, the muesli or the apricot bread! If I could buy bread like this I would eat it all day long!
We didn’t go for the tasting menu, I knew I wanted the suckling pig and despite being tempted by the tasting menu I knew I had to order it and went for a starter and a main course.
We ordered one Gnocci with truffle, it was like nothing I have ever had before, light as a feather and sublime. I just wish that all gnocci was like this!
I went for egg yolk served in two services with potato’s Parmentier and rocket lettuce, Iberians with nuts, truffle, mushrooms and Parmigiano. The first of my starters came out and something magic happened. I actually got goose bumps eating it, it wasn’t just fantastic, it was an experience eating it!
After a small break the main course arrived, Iberian suckling pig with earlet juice, mango, black olive and almond with curry. It had a beautiful crispy , thin skin and meat so soft we could have eaten it with a spoon! It was cooked for 24 hours with apricots.
Read more and see the pic here: http://petra08.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/perfect-catalan-gastronomy/

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to ABaC for dinner during our Easter break in BCN.

We decided to have the tasting menu, and it was definitely a treat! The dishes were consistently good and special, but without being over the top. The whole meal took a long time (3.5 hours start to finish without any lingering at the end), but it was worth it.

The service was good though not great. Sometimes the presentation (explanation) of the dishes felt a bit rushed, and the "underlings" providing service had to refer almost every query back to the head waiter.

The tables are also quite close together, so that it becomes a bit too easy to immerse oneself in the next table's conversation.

Lastly one needs to be careful when taking a taxi from the restaurant back to the beach area (where we were staying) as our not-so-honest cab driver decided to take us all the way round on the faster route via the motorway without asking us first. This saved us all of 5 mins in travel time, but added 12km to the meter and more than doubled our taxi bill from 17 to 36 euros. Instruct the taxi to go straight down via Carrer Balmes if you are headed the same way!

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We took the ABAC menu and it was exelent huge recomendation. It's worth the money and really deserves the two michelin stars. Very plesent atmosphere

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had drinks and canapes before the meal downstairs in the bar and these were absolute heaven, including mushroom capuccino (amazing); tiny duck parcels and the famous Barcelona drink sangriacava (cava sparkling wine with sangria), which everyone adored. The main meal was very experimental and, even though it was very good, some of the dishes were to my mind not that strong on flavour - more a designer meal than a taste one. The desserts were superb and everyone loved the service and Versace decor. However, personally, it was a little like the Fat Duck - go once for the experience but you couldn't afford to go often!