“Great steak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pampero

Pampero
Reserve with
Pampero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 9,317 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Eixample
“Great steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Visited Pampero and was very impressed. I had the tenderloin with mushroom sauce, it was spectacular. My wife had the chicken breast, which was also good, however she would recommend asking for a sauce to go alongside it as she thought it was very dry. The waiters were very friendly and happy. I'd be surprised if you went and didn't have a good meal. After 3 previous nights of eating from restaurants around the La Rambla, this was massively better.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Trondheim, Norway
“Heavenly steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Wow. I enjoyed an amazing sirloin steak here. Cooked to perfection, and enjoyed together with an amazingly good Malbec wine recommended by the waiter. Bread, herbs, salsa was offered as well, and all was good. There wasn't much more than a couple of asparagus and some potato chips to accompany the steak though. Not that I really needed anything else because the steak was so tender, but I guess I just expected there to be something else as well.

One dish was enough, but I was still tempted to buy another when I was done, simply because it was so good.

Dessert was excellent as well! Definitely going back here next time I'm in Barcelona.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Terje O
Watford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent beef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I went with my fiancee, it was Saturday evening, There was many people but the service was fine, very efficient and close. I loved the meat!!! My tenderloin was wonderful, and also the "dulce de leche" dessert.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank John U
Dallas, Texas
“Horrible - Deserves 0 Stars”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

What started out as a promising dining experience sadly turned out to be a waste of a meal in Barcelona where, up to this time, we've been delighted with our restaurant choices.

Reserved our spot well in advance. Easily done via email. Arrived promptly at 9:00pm and were seated in the lovely, candle-lit back room. So far, so good.

Starters were special baked cheese and gnocchi. My husband liked the baked cheese and we both loved the gnocchi. We should have left at this point because we were still positive about the place.

We both ordered the solomillo (fillet). I ordered the 200 grams and husband ordered the 300 grams. We both ordered them pink. After taking our order and delivering our steaks, we never saw our server again.

Although we had mains, we had nothing to eat them with. After 5-10 minutes, husband managed to flag down a passing server (not ours) to get us silverware. When we ran out of still water, we had to also flag down a passing server (not ours) to get another bottle.

When we cut into our steaks, mine was perfect pink but husband's was blue. He tried all sides and angles to see if he could find a spot that was even slightly better done. Other than the 1/8" of seared outer area, his was blue all the way through. By now, the place was full including three large groups, so we could not get a single servers attention. They walked by on the far side of one of the large groups and not a single one looked our way. It actually became a bit of a game, I watched for servers coming my way and he watched for ones coming his way. What else were we going to do? Our wine glasses were empty. Our bread basket was empty. We had no still water left. And only one of us had an edible meal.

We finally got a servers attention (not ours) 45 minutes later. When he arrived, we asked for the bill. He came back and when presenting the bill, asked if the meals were good. We pointed to 300 grams of blue steak and said it was ordered pink. He asked if we wanted it put back on the grill and we said that it would have been nice 45 minutes ago.

The meal could have been saved if not for the absolutely WORST service we have ever received in a restaurant. We would like to give this place 0 stars. It does not deserve the 1 star it is getting in this review.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank pdrey
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Steak to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Once again.....a fantastic recommendation by TripAdvisor :)
Had an Argentinian tenderloin which was cooked to perfection. A nice touch is the chef's sample dish that you receive and also the separate dishes of salt, oil & herbs you get to flavour your steak. Outstanding!
The only slight negative would be that although the menu had an English narrative or each dish, the set price menus did not, which was a shame as they had been recommended to me but I did not want to have the waiter explain every dish on every menu to me!

• Visited May 2013