“Great Tapas”

Ciudad Condal Restaurant
Ranked #187 of 9,933 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Fantastic food with good value and amazing choices.
Known for the best tapas in Barcelona and I have to agree.

There are newer reviews for Ciudad Condal Restaurant

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I had been here a couple of times five years ago. I was very happy to discover the place was still around! This time I was there in the afternoon for lunch. After waiting only for five minutes we were appointed a table outside which we greatly appreciated and a nice change to the clouds in our country. The tapas again was excellent, lots of choice and very well prepared. Do not forget to have a look inside, the tapas at the counter looks like a small theatre piece. I highly recommend this tapas bar and hope to be back soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were recommended this place by our hotel, and we ended up eating there for lunch on our last day. It was very disappointing compared to the other tapas restaurants we ate at (Tapeo, and Sentidos).
We were told it would be ten minute wait for an inside table, so we ordered drinks at the very busy bar. Our table was ready in under five minutes.
The waiter was extremely rude, and just looked liked he did not want to be there. No smile, no asking how we were, just 'what do you want?'. Not a great start.
We ordered the cod skewer, prawn skewer, mini cheeseburger, grilled mushrooms, grilled asparagus, fried cuttlefish and pratas bravas.
The cuttlefish and prawns were a major let down. The cuttlefish was over cooked and rubbery and the prawns were luke warm and had not had the spinal cord removed. I told the waiter that they were cold, he took my plate, did not apologise and I then had the same prawns returned that had been warmed through. We were not impressed.
We ordered the hot chocolate cake for dessert, which was again, average.
It was our last meal and we were very disappointed with the food, but most of all the service.
I would not waste your time going here, I can imagine that it was great six months ago but not now. There are plenty of other tapas places in the city who actually appreciate your custom!

1  Thank Elektrochoc
Reviewed June 21, 2013

ok well EVERYONE on trip advisor or in every travel book was probably there, plus a few locals.. But it was still a fun time. We got there on our first day so managed to make it until 7pm.Glad that we did. We were only two and sitting at the counter is part of the whole fun experience. The tapas were fine, very tasty. But watching them make and dish out everything and all the hustle and bustle going on was just a great time. By the time we left they were three deep behind us.. very touristy but still worthwhile to go, especially if you can sit at the counter.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were recommended to try this place from our hotel and I saw it had great reviews. The location is very easy to find and was close to our hotel. I went in expecting big things. To be honest the food was good, but not much different than some of the other tapas places we went to. It was nice sitting outside, but that is easy to find in Barcelona. Worst part about our expierence was the relatively rude waiter. Place is located in a touristy area, but the waiter had no patience. Had no interest in explaining items on the menu. I would go back to the place but I wouldn't say it is the best tapas food or place by any stretch of the imagination. Before going back I would def. try other places.

1  Thank corbone25