1,844 results
All reviews llacuna metro station hi express rambla del poblenou mercadona supermarket poblenou area sofa bed free breakfast two blocks min walk to the beach family room the breakfast area cold meats around the corner yogurt stayed here for nights clean hotel restaurants and shops
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

Very good hotel staff. Spesialy ramon was excelent. Rooms where standart hotel rooms clean. There was small down side room was near the street level and extremely noisy normaly this does not effect me but in friday there was some kind of festival and the music was so loud that it made sleeping impossible. Have say noise level in this room in 2 floor windows to entrence will be problem for lot of people

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi topiasl2016,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of service and it seems that there are left a little to be desired. Having a good quality of sleep is a must and I'm sorry to hear the noise disturbance that made you uncomfortable. This is not the experience we want you to remember us.

I shared this with our hotel management and rests assured that this will be looked into to ensure a better service.

On the other hand, we're thrilled that the neatness of the room is up to your standards. I'll let our staff know, especially Ramon that you were pleased with his service!

I hope your next visit would be just around the corner. Let us know if you're in the area and we'll do our best to make your next visit as seamless possible it can be!

Kind regards,

Jomar M.
IHGService

Reviewed September 7, 2019

This hotel is below standards. Rooms are not clean, very loud in the eveing due to playing kids in corridors, bad (or better said no) wifi in the room, breakfast is crowdy and poor quality with not any healthy option.
Even though we are gold elite at IHG not any request was resolved.

Date of stay: August 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello VF0930,

We are pleased to host your stay, and we're thankful for the candid feedback. This is Jeraldine from InterContinental Hotels Group or IHG, representing the Holiday Inn Express Barcelona - City 22.

We offer everything guests need and provide more where it matters most, but I guess you felt otherwise. I read the noise from the corridors, and the room's upkeep made you felt uneasy. I also regard your concern about the wifi connection inside the room and the breakfast options that did not fit into your liking. I sent you a private message to discuss this further. I shared your comment with the hotel management who responded with genuine concern to the impact this had on your stay.

I hope you will give us another chance to prove that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

All the best,

Jeraldine R.
IHG Service

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

Not bad staff nice. Not very central for popular attractions. Hotel room clean. Maid service good. Room could have done with a coat of paint. District its in very scruffy. Cheap & cheerful. I'd say all in all I'd choose another hotel next time

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

Hi Trail721918,

I'm glad you choose our hotel for your visit to Barcelona. Thank you for staying.

At our Holiday Inn Express, our sleek and modern interior and cozy amenities will have you feeling right at home, making for an unforgettable experience. I'm sorry you've experienced otherwise. I can see that you felt our rooms need a bit of an upgrade. Rest assured that I shared your comments with our management to be included in the next renovation plans.

On the bright side, I'm glad to know you find our staff friendly and our rooms clean.

I hope you'll give us another try. I'm confident it will be better.

All the best,

Rein D
IHGService

Reviewed August 27, 2019

We stayed here for two nights before a cruise. We took a cab from the airport and it was about $35 USD which is about what the hotel told me when I emailed them asking about transportation. (BTW, they emailed me almost immediately answering that question--very impressed) The location was great. It was within easy walking distance of the beach and a pedestrian friendly stretch of road with plenty of restaurants (with outside seating) and shops. The rooms were spacious by European standards with plenty of storage. The shower had great water pressure and the towels were big and plush. The air conditioner and wifi worked very well. There were plenty of cabs available outside on cruise morning and it was about $35 USD to the port. There was breakfast available and was good. If you are used to American Breakfast, though, this is not it. This is a great European breakfast with cold cuts, cheeses, and pastries. I rated this a 4/5 simply because the "bar" at night was only staffed with front desk people who were busy at the front desk. This made my "free drink" coupon for being a platinum member of IHG worthless but no big deal. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Highly recommended!

Room tip: There are metal doors that enclosed the elevator corridor. Be far, far away from the elevator because these doors slam all night long
Reviewed August 27, 2019

We were slightly concerned before arriving that the family room we had booked wouldn’t be sufficient but it was perfect. Clean, comfortable with fabulous staff and service. A special shout out to Bruno but all of the staff were amazing and so hard working. Wouldn’t hesitate to go back. Located right near some fabulous bars and restaurants one way and the main centre of Barcelona the other.

Trip type: Traveled with family