We stayed here for 3 nights prior to our Mediterranean Cruise in June 2014.
The location is a little far from the tourists spots in Barcelona. However, there are 2 metro stops a short walk away (Llacuna and Poblenou) which was convenient for sightseeing. We had no difficulty with accessing the Barcelona sites using the metro.
Accommodation is quite basic..but acceptable for a Holiday Inn Express.
Breakfast was included...continental style breakfast with a good choice. However, the breakfast room tends to be very crowded with many families, so try to be early if you do not want to wait in line at the buffet. There are only 2 coffee machines and so there were always long queues for coffee.
We were given free Wi-fi and a welcome drink because of our IHG Gold Elite status, so we did not have to pay for the Wi-fi service. However, for other guests, they provide free internet services at the lobby.
This hotel is also conveniently situated (a short stroll away) from the Rambla de Polbenou, where there are numerous restaurants serving good food. We dined at the Rambla de Poblenou every night, instead of dining at the overpriced touristy restaurants in the heart of Barcelona.
There is a taxi stand immediately outside the hotel, and on most days, there are taxis parked at the taxi stand. Therefore, it was very convenient for us on our last day. We took a taxi to the Cruise Terminal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22@opened in May 2008.A privileged location within the new architectural project 'Barcelona 22@' with easy access makes the hotel an ideal choice for both business and leisure travellers.The Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22@ is located at few minutes away from the Barcelona International Convention Centre (CCIB), Forum Area and the beach of 'Mar Bella'. The Sagrada Familia, the Barceloneta area, Plaza Catalunya, las Ramblas and all the major modernist Gaudi's buildings such as La Pedrera & Casa BatllÃ³ are located just at few metro stops away and the Barcelona`s stadium 'Camp Nou' is located 6 km away.Our 186 bedrooms offer a refreshing modern decor, tea & coffee making facilities free of charge, internet access (WIFI in all rooms as well as public areas), flat screen TV with satellite and pay TV available. We offer a delicious complimentary continental buffet breakfast to all our guests!! We are looking forward to welcome you to the 'Hotel Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22@'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Barcelona
- Holiday Inn Express Barcelona, Catalonia
- Holiday Inn Barcelona