“Adequate but with good location”

Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22
Ranked #282 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Not the best Holiday Inn Express I've been in but was adequate for our stay. Was a last minute booking and I didn't have time to research but it turned out to be a reasonable location, close to an avenue with restaurants and bars and only a ten minute walk to the beach. Located close to the Metro too with a ten minute travel into the centre of Barcelona.
Room was clean and comfortable but we had a lamp with bare, exposed wires in the room, not very safe. Also our bathroom door wouldn't close. Maintainance was a little lax.
Breakfast was basic but included in the price and, again, was adequate. For a city, the price we paid wasn't too bad but don't expect anything other than the basics.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea062
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear andrea062,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22

Reviewed July 29, 2013

stayed there with family (2 adults + 2 kids). Great value for money. Good location - metro station close, walking distance from the beach, clean, nice staff, breakfast included. what else do you need :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Liis L
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with group of friends and it was very pleasant stay.
People on reception were very friendly. Check in was very smooth.
Room was nice and clean. It is really good value for your money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrej Ž
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Two of our hotel rooms got robbed last night. They stole iPads, cash, jewelry and even some of our clothes.

We had a quick dinner and didn't bother taking all our valuables because everyone kept telling us to be careful on the streets and not take any valuables with us. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Once we found out we got robbed the incompetent lady at the front desk showed no compassion. I asked for security and she SLOWLY asked the security guard to check our doors. I asked for police but apparently the police won't come to you and instead you need to go to them for help. She mentioned that there wasn't a translator at night and we needed to go the next day (which was also false because after I spoke to the police today they told me its my right to come in and request a translator at any time of the day)

I also asked the front desk to see the manager or at least call her but said she couldn't and that she would be in the next day at 9am.

I asked to see the log for our room but she again said she couldn't do that. She mentioned that maybe we lost our key cards and someone made a duplicate but that was also impossible because we had all our keys.

I continued asking for information that was clearly our right due to the circumstances but again she was unhelpful and instead acted like I was I was bothering her.

The next day I expected to see the manager since she mentioned she was coming in at 9am. But instead I was greeted by a rude, condescending "acting" manager that mentioned the real manager was coming in on Monday at 9am and the girl the night before told us the wrong information. I asked if they could call the manager but again they said they couldn't. You would think that a known company like Holiday inn could at least call the manager but instead we were treated like nuisances. He continued to mention that they're not liable for items stolen in the room but I believe you're responsible for hiring competent and honest employees.

The whole ordeal feels like an inside job so please be careful if you choose to stay here. They will NOT cater to you and help you through the process.

• Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank Iesleyannlynn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Iesleyannlynn,

Regards,

Brenda J.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip for 2 nights. Very friendly and helpful staff. Spotlessly clean bathroom and bed. Some marks on walls but apart from that very clean. Breakfast was a help yourself range of fruit, yoghurt, toast, croissants, etc. It wasn't the Ritz but more than adequate for my needs. No hot food on offer though. I thought it was good value for the money.

Room Tip: My room did not have any view but then I wasn't in it long enough to need one.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michele W
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Booked via Hotwire (blind) for a great price. Stayed one night post-cruise before flying home. 10 euro cab ride from the port. Room was perfectly fine: clean, modern, everything we needed. Excellent desk staff - really enjoyed their restaurant recommendation one block over in the busy pedestrian zone of the district with lots going on. Easy to get cabs and metro. This district is not walkable to the old town. 10 minute walk to the beach. Breakfast was good but just cold food. Only downside was the room never really cooled down, although we left the max cold air running all the time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hotel location is acceptable and Metro station is very close. I think the key to move around Barcelona is the Metro. Also, close to a Rambla zone where you can find places to eat for a reasonable prices and good quality.

Room Tip: Our room had blackout curtain and I guess all have them.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City 22, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Brave S,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that our location were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. Comments as yours motivate us to work much harder in order to deliver the service levels that our guests are looking for when they stay with us.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C