“great food, reasonable price”
Review of Chardonnay - CLOSED

Chardonnay
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Description: Chardonnay restaurant near Barcelona’s central Post Office in the Gothic Quarter offers tip-top tapas at budget-friendly prices. Once it opens at midday, service never stops, making it an ideal place to snack, dine or simply nibble on something Spanish at any time, non-conventional hours included. On the menu you’ll find the typical spanish tapas, Prawns in garlic, Eggplant rolls with goat cheese, Fried potatoes with sausage paprika sauce..., Salads, pasta, fresh fish, grilled meats, in chardonnay you can test six diferent paellas, with sea food, with octupos, with meat..., and good spanish wine.It is a pleasure serve you, we are waiting to serve you in the best conditions. Chardonnay also stands out for its spaciousness, cosiness, and minimalist décor. "
Reviewed July 21, 2012

extemely good food, at a fair price. no the cheapest tapas you'll find, but it's not over priced either. plus, this place stays opens a lot later than most other restaurants in the barri gottic (hence why we ended up at this place, it would feed us at 11.30pm, however we were the last table in there).
go here! and have something with their grilled goats cheese, the best thing i've ever tasted.

Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend jumped in for some tapas late evening on San Jordi. My girlfriend speaks a good Spanish so I was quite at easy. The restaurant was filled up with people (a hundred I would say) but only 3 waiters were serving the tables and managing the bills. So in the confusion we managed to order 5 different tapas and some bread and tomatoes. We got 3 of the 5 tapas ordered and they tried to give us 2 tapas that we never asked for. We couldn't have the bread even if we asked 3 times for it. In the end we got out at midnight still hungry and not very satisfied.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

We found this resturnt by mistake while looking for the terrible EL TROPEZON, the design is really good, the prices are fantastic and the food is delicious! One of the best in barcelona

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Upon arrival we were not greeted by a member of staff. I managed to track one of the two employees working that night who dismissed me by saying "2 minutes" and then disappearing. The other member of staff then came out to seat us at a dirty and unprepared table. None of the tables were cleared unless new customers came through the door. The food was alright,despite the fact that they brought out one of our dishes to the wrong table, left it sitting there for 10 minutes and then finally bringing it to our table. We ordered various tapas dishes which were OK but to share you needed sideplates - so I went to ask (the first guy who dismissed me). He was talking to his other member of staff and half way through asking for plates he dismissed yet again with an incredibly rude bluntness. I then proceeded in having an argument with him in front of the whole restaurant telling him how incompetently the restaurant was being run. It clearly wasn't just me that was unhappy with the meal and service - a couple of other groups had bad experiences, one couple even left before the meal arrived. Bizarelly, throughout our whole dinner there were also 2 policemen questioning the staff, even going to the back to the kitchens - however we never found out why. Not very encouraging.

Cheap and tacky decor, not a pleasant place to eat at all.

To sum it up, it was the worst restaurant experience I have had to date (25 years old) and I thoroughly advise anyone thinking of going here to rethink..

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Good service. Take the full tapas menu. Careful with the hot peppers. Some of them were realy hot. Good food, and very central. Just around the corner we picked up the best Mohito's I've ever tasted.