Photography tuTOURial
Review Highlights
Great for photography

I have just come back from Barcelona where I spent a long weekend with my girlfriend. We did the... read more

Reviewed April 28, 2008
Zoomang
Ripollet, Spain

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We did the typical things like visiting Gaudis' sagrada familia, the Ramblas, and the beach interspersed with great tapas

Both me and my girlfriend are interested in photography and at the tourist information office we found out about this "photography tuTOURial" which runs every saturday. It is basically a tour around the center of Barcelona with a professional photographer as your guide. He showed us how to take great photos, and different tricks we could do to "lie to your camera", as he put it, so as to get different photographic effects.

In the four hours he showed us loads of little tricks and advice for using our cameras, playing with things like exposer settings and shutter speeds etc, and he gave us loads of tips on how to work with light and movement and things to create really stunning pictures. As well as this we went around some parts of Barcelona which we probably wouldn't have seen otherwise, and because he was from Barcelona he had loads of stories to tell us about the different squares or buildings that we saw. So although it wasn't a guided tour we still learnt loads about the city and local catalan culture.

If you are at all interested in photography I would really recommend this as a great way to learn loads from and expert, and see the city at the same time.

1  Thank Zoomang