Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,661 results
All reviews rambla del poblenou llacuna metro station rooftop pool minute walk to the beach restaurants and shops around the corner small fridge spacious rooms stayed here for nights business hotel quiet location two blocks buffet breakfast hotel is situated sagrada familia city break neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2020

Four of us stayed at the Hotel in two rooms for New years. One of them, the bathroom door didn't lock and there was damages in the wall and side cupboard.

However, as we didn't find this too annoying, we didn't say anything. The staff were very nice and although it was chilly the pool was spacious and had a view of the beach. Only other issue was a 20 minute wait of pool towels

Nice stay in general, would recommend going but making sure everything was in order

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 142declanc
ILUNION H, General Manager at Ilunion Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear customer

We would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.
We have taken your suggestions on board to make the necessary improvements as soon as possible. We aim to make your stay a unique experience and to meet all of your
expectations, and we strive to improve every day to make sure that happens.
We look forward to welcoming you once again to our hotel.
Sincerely yours,

Elena S.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for three days, arriving on Friday and leaving on Sunday. Before I went I was sceptical reading some of the reviews about the building works and noise. But when I arrived, our hotel room looked out onto the building works. This didn’t bother me too much as I didn’t spend much time inside. I also can confirm that I didn’t hear any building works at all throughout the duration of my stay.

The hotel is very modern and cool. The lobby is designed well and its great to just chill in. The outside pool was open (although it was too cold to try). I found my room on the third floor very spacious. It was a twin room and there was ample space for both of us. The mini fridge had two complementary bottles of water. The bathroom was huge and had the relevant necessities. The water was always warm and the bath was big. There was also a bench to put clothes on and some hooks to hang clothes up in the bathroom.

The front desk staff were pleasant and if I needed anything it was brought to me very quickly. They have spare irons and mini ironing boards, charger leads for phones if you forget to take them etc. The TV was mainly in Spanish but I didn’t spend much time watching it.

The area is amazing. We walked back at 2am one night and we had no concerns about safety. There are some amazing little cafes to try out and a breakfast place called cafe can den de. If I had found this sooner I would have eaten there everyday.

The hotel itself is only 6 stops away from Jaume I which is where La Rambla is. Its around 10 minutes on the metro. There are two relatively close metros also. We purchased metro travel cards giving us access for 72 hours (this was a bargain). You can buy these online before you go and collect them at the airport. We did this but it was confusing at the airport as once you get to the station you have to take the escalators downstairs to the station, and then downstairs again and from there you can print your passes. These also gave access to the buses and I really enjoyed travelling around seeing the different sights.

It was my fourth time in Barcelona and if I ever go back, I will definitely stay in Illunion Barcelona.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2019

I stayed in this hotel for three nights. I was upgraded to suite rooms. Which was big. Especially the bathroom and the walking closet was perfect. The breakfast very normal nothing exceptional. The reception very normal. The location is not definitely near the city center and happening. I can not say the hotel has any exceptional part. No concreige. No bellbey. A very normal 4 star. Nothing more to say for it.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2019

Positives: most hotel staff quite pleasant; two blocks from Metro; reasonably priced; quite spacious room. Negatives: check-in clerk barely acknowledged me; large building site outside room window; filthy room window; strong smell of mold in bathroom; only English-language TV = news channels. If I had to stay in this area again, I'd book a different hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and confortabil ,not very expensive, we loved the bed which is very comfortable and the view from the suite ,7 floor ,clean.The italian restaurant next door of the hotel is very good ,we recommend pizza and tiramisu.
There are some problems with the noise from the construction next door which is very loud in the morning, the staff also not friendly or even smiling.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple