The Confortel is a short walk to the beaches of Barcelona and the Poblenou Rambla. The hotel is clean and very modern if somewhat spartan in decor, grey wood veneer furniture with bits of red formica remind one of a 70s coffee bar.
It is a pleasant 3Km walk along the beaches to the Conference Centre (which I was attending) and an equally interesting walk in the other direction downtown or you can take the metro which is an easy 10 minute walk. The actual area around the hotel other than Poblenou Rambla is of little interest. There was quite a lively street party there on the Saturday night!
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, but my phone didn't work so ordering room service meant a trip to reception which was worth it because the food was good,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the old industrial area of Poblenou which is now a key area for the location of the most innovative companies, we have created a hotel concept in keeping with this new technological district: our hotel ILUNION Barcelona. Its modern, welcoming and functional style will surprise you. You will fall in love with each of its corners, from the gym to the swimming pool, with its incredible views of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ilunion Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Confortel Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Confortel Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Confortel Hotel
- Ilunion Barcelona Catalonia