“Average indian”

Ranked #1,643 of 10,008 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Indian Tandoori Restaurant.
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

The service was ok. The food was ok but nothing special. Wouldn't go again. We vent in because Harrison Ford picture was in the door. Meh... Didn't help.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I consider myself a foodie and I love to explore the local cuisine wherever I travel. But this time in Barcelona, I had to eat Indian food at several places in the city as my fellow travelers were not very experimental.

During this period I ate at various Indian restaurants and found Moti Mahal to be the best one. The host and the hostess are very friendly and will make you feel at home, and food quality was above par for any Indian restaurants I've eaten abroad. The taste of the food was very authentic and fresh.

We ordered, Samosas, Dal, Butter Chicken, Kadhai Chicken, Chicken Tikka, Biryani, Paneer Tikka, Naan and Lachha Paranthas. I can say, the Lachha Paranthas were one of the best I've ever had.

Though the interiors are very average, and pictures of Indian gods add a little flavour to the ambience. But for the food - I can safely say, this is the true Indian restaurant in Barcelona.

motimahalbcn, Gerente at Moti Mahal, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thanks for your opinion and we are glad to know that you liked the food.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The food variety and taste is really good. But we were really put off by the rude, unwelcoming waiter who served us that day. When we asked him what dish would he recommend for our meal, he responded negatively and told us that we take a look at the menu instead.

We are glad to know that you liked the food. We had similar complaints and after that we changed the staff, next time you visit you will get excellent service.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

Nice authentic food at a reasonable price in acceptable surroundings. This restaurant wont win any awards but it is a good option for a quick curry if you are in the area.

1  Thank HolidaymanTenerife

Thanks for your opinion.

Reviewed June 8, 2009

In barcelona i had gone to four restraunts.
This restaurant had the best Indian food.
The taste was good.
The food was fresh.
The service was excellent.

2  Thank wosk

We are glad you liked the food.