“Great Location, Great Value For Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Curious

Hotel Curious
Ranked #73 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Brisbane
“Great Location, Great Value For Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stayed with my partner at Hotel Curious for approximately 4 days. We found our stay to be seamless and enjoyable.

The room was clean and comfortable with a nice balcony. The location was easy to find and in a very, very convenient (and safe) street directly off La Rambla (main tourist area). The breakfast was adequate. The value for money was fantastic (we had stayed at another hotel in Barcelona for several days prior and we paid more and had a mediocre experience in comparison to Hotel Curious).

What my partner and I appreciated the most was how the staff members went out of their way to help us and make our stay as enjoyable as possible. They helped us with a hire car and they were willing to prepare an extra early breakfast for us as we were flying out at 5am on our last day. They even catered to a very random request that we had as a joke on our online booking form (to provide a framed photo of Eddie Murphy in our room)!

Thank you Hotel Curious for the great stay we had in Barcelona!

2 Thank Hannahelr
Artur29, Gerente at Hotel Curious, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion with other travelers on TripAdvisor! We can't be happier when we read that our guests had a great time with us!

Hotel Curious is a small hotel located in the city center. It is perfect for short cultural stays in this wonderful city. Our rooms are completely equipped with all necessary amenities and any extra can be ordered in the front desk.

Hotel Curious is in Carme Street, a very calm streets that ends in Las Ramblas, so this can give you the best of being at the city center and the best of not being right in the middle.

As you said, breakfast time is from 8am until 11am (there's no need to wake up very early while being on holidays!) but we can arrange breakfast for all the guest who need it (egg, flying very early in the morning).

Moreover, our staff makes always an effort to make your stay in Barcelona as pleasant as possible and they are always taking care of you

Once again, and as we said at the beginning, thank you very much for your great and complete review about Curious. We are so glad you liked our modest little hotel after your stay with us!

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again!

Hotel Curious Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great location just steps away from La Rambla, and centrally located for everything that my wife and I did during our stay in Barcelona. We opted for the economy room since we don't spend much time awake in the hotel. It's about as small as a room with a queen bed can possibly be. We managed okay for two days/nights, but not sure whether we could have handled more than that without needing a little more space. The metro stop is about five minutes walk. The train to/from the airport is a bit farther. We opted for a taxi to the airport because we had a morning flight and the taxi was faster, but the cost was 40 Euros.

Artur29, Gerente at Hotel Curious, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your nice words about our little boutique hotel in Barcelona!

Reviews like this encourage us to continue working to satisfy our guests every day.

Hotel Curious is a small hotel located in the city center. It is perfect for short cultural stays in this wonderful city. Our rooms have a right size, we believe. And they are completely equipped with all necessary amenities and any extra can be ordered in the front desk.

Our little boutique hotel is in Barcelona city center, as you pointed out, and this makes Hotel Curious a great spot to start your day in the city. Breakfast, WIFI, lobby computer for free for all our guests - of course!

Thank you for choosing and trusting us, among so many other hotels in Barcelona. We are so glad you had such a great time that you would like to come back!

Our best regards from all staff at Hotel Curious!

Buckie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed here as a family of 5 for 3 nights at the start of July, prior to cruising out of Barcelona. I spent a long time researching hotels before deciding on this small hotel. My research paid off as this hotel was perfect for us in every way. We had a double and triple room, each having balcony onto the street. Lovely clean rooms, powerful shower. Basic storage facilities but suited us fine.
Heard a little noise from the street but that is all part of atmosphere when holidaying in one of the most exciting cities in Europe. Breakfast was great, continental but more than ample and all fresh. No safe in the room, but they have a safe in reception you can use to store passports etc. Friendly, helpful staff. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Aimoke66
Artur29, Gerente at Hotel Curious, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

We really celebrate that you had such a great stay with us.

Wifi, breakfasts and VAT included in all our rates, so you do not have surprises on the bill!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I've never written reviews before. But this time, after staying in Curious (2 nights in July 2014), I decided to help other people in choosing the right hotel.
I booked Curious based on other people good reviews and they happened to be very true. I’m very satisfied with this hotel. The room is small but clean and has everything you need for a short stay. Location is perfect, right off Ramblas, close to a metro station, about 10 min walk to Placa Catalunya. Our room was overlooking Carme, but it was very quiet in hotel at night. For breakfast (included) it was a good variety of food. Stuff is very nice and helpful. After the check-out, we left out luggage in the hotel until we picked it up in the evening. It was safe to leave valuable items in the room (they don’t even have a security deposit box) as the hotel entrance is locked all the time and gets opened only when someone goes in or out. It was a free wifi in the hotel. The hotel price is very reasonable.
Natalya (Canada)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Natalya R
Artur29, Gerente at Hotel Curious, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your nice words about our little boutique hotel in Barcelona!

As you mentioned, Hotel Curious is a boutique hotel in the city center, rated with only one star (we do not have luxuries or spa) but we try to give always the best service, the one we want to receive when we are far from our homes. All our rates include a complete and varied breakfast to start the day full of energy.

As you said, cleaning is very important for us, so all our rooms and the whole Hotel itself is cleaned daily.

Breakfast is very complete: eggs, different kinds of bread, jam, butter, chocolate, cured ham, cheese, fresh chopped fruit, milk, two different types of coffee, tea, cold and hot water, cereals, juices, yogurts, and even just made bakery (croissants, doughnuts...).

All the best from all staff at Hotel Curious,

Hotel Curious Manager
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

The Trip Advisor reviews helped me pick this hotel and they did not let me down. My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel and I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Barcelona. Location is only a block from La Rambla, easy walking distance to many points of interest. Room was clean, the staff were very helpful and polite. Only drawback was our room did not have a safe. Despite that, I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Trevor H
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your opinion about our little hotel with other travel lovers on TripAdvisor

We work daily to improve every single thing we do here: breakfast, the wifi signal, our 24h service at the front desk, the variety of the breakfast, cleaning, social network content and online guest service...

All our staff live and love Barcelona, so they know very well the city and can suggest hidden gems, those that you know only if a friend tells you.

Once again, thank you very much indeed, and we really look forward to welcoming you soon again at Hotel Curious.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again!

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed at Hotel curious in a room I booked as a single from 7/4/14 to 7/6/14 before a cruise. I knew I'd be out and about for most of the day so my requirements were a central location, close to the metro, and not a lot of cash. Hotel Curious met all of those and I was very happy with my stay.

I booked a single room online and requested one with a balcony. I got that but instead of the single bed I was expecting I got a full bed. The only issue I had with this is that there wasn't any room for a chair and desk. The desk was folded up against the wall and would come up but it did not leave a lot of room with the bed right there. However, I never actually needed it, I'm just noting it. The bathroom had a shower only which was pretty roomy and my towels were replaced each day.

Check in was quick and there is a little elevator that will take you and your luggage up to the rooms. Every morning there were meats, cheeses, bread, pastry, fruit and cereal at the breakfast bar along with dark rich coffee and hot water for tea. I got several recommendations for dinner one night and was satisfied with my selection. Checking out was also easy and they called a cab for me with no problems. They also provided a discount if I book with them again.

The only real negative I have is that the walls were thin and I could hear the very chatty neighbors I had on the last night right through the walls and door along with their TV. I did have my ear plugs with me so I solved that issue but that is the only reason I took one star off. I really would only take 1/2 off if I could.

Would I return to Hotel Curious? Absolutely and I would recommend it for anyone looking for a decent hotel for sleeping. Because if you want a hotel with a restaurant, spa, or bar, this is not the hotel for you. But if you want a good central location so you can go out and explore and come back to sleep then look into Hotel Curious.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear guest,

First of all, we are very thankful that you chose Hotel Curious for your stay in Barcelona, and want to thank you for this wonderful review you left us here on TripAdvisor. Our guests satisfaction has always been our main priority and words like yours make us feel very good and proud of our daily work.

Hoel Curious, as you said, is rated with one star, as we don't have gym, pool or bar, but we do have the rest and most important: comfy silent rooms, with wifi and breakfast, 24h front desk and a big smile for all our guests.

Hotel Curious is in Carme Street, a very calm strees that ends in Las Ramblas, so this can give you the best of being at the city center and the best of not being right in the middle.

As you said, our staff is always (24h) willing to help you with anything you may need your stay: transport, restaurants, museums... anything! We provide you with a map and some basic tips to start exploring the city.

We'd like to thank you very much for trusting us, and we really look forward to welcoming you soon again!

Best regards from all staff at Hotel Curious,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I don't have any major complaints except I could hear a man snoring in the next room. I still think this hotel is worth a try. It's good value and great location. Clean room. Free Breakfast. I really liked the front desk staff. So many hotels don't deliver in those big cities! I would stay there again, I would ask if they have a snorer in the next room. ;)

1 Thank Saundra B
Dear guest,

According to your words, we understand that you had a great stay with us and this makes all us very happy and satisfied with the service we give to all our guests.

As you said, Hotel Curious is right off Las Ramblas, behind Boqueria's Market (the city center), only 5 minutes walk from Catalonia and Liceu Metro Station.

We would like to note that the rooms in the back are quieter than the rooms up front.

As you mentioned, our staff is 24H at the front desk to help you with anything you may need: recommendations and any problem of any type.