“Appalling service”
Review of La Tramoia

La Tramoia
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
La Tramoia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,780 of 10,282 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: On the corner of Gran Via with Rambla de Catalunya. From its terrace you can find of "Eixample" and views of the heart of Barcelona. "Tapas" and "montaditos" on the ground floor of the premises and brasserie situated on the top floor. It is the best place to taste Mediterranean cuisine. Meats, fish and vegetables grilled on a charcoal fire, among other excellent quality dishes.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Found this place close to our hotel for our 2nd nights meal with four friends and the waiters serving us were so ignorant. Just grunting and not paying any attention to what we were ordering. The food was ok but just so sloppy in the serving department. Really needs some sorting out. certainly would not recommend it to any one

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was a good place to try an assortment of tapas at a reasonable price. The tapas could be chosen from the menu or from the main counter. The wine selection was quite good and our server was friendly and helpful. A good casual place to stop in at after a busy day of touring.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We came upon this place by chance on our last night in Barcelona. It looked nice and busy so we took a table outside and were given menus. A while later our order was taken. We ordered tapas. My husband was served his beer immediately but I waited 15 mins for my water and had to remind the waiter myself. When it came it was fizzy water not still as I asked for. He changed it without an apology. We understand that the nature of tapas means the food comes when it's ready but after receiving three of our 5 dishes, which were luke warm at best, we waited 20 mins before checking if the other two dishes were on the way. The waiter seemed to think that we had already had them which we hadn't and showed me the bill so far for our table which contained all 5 dishes, our drinks and some coffees and desserts that we hadnt ordered. We asked for the dishes we hadn't received to be removed and eventually after lots of negotiation we had a bill that showed what we had actually eaten. We left still feeling very hungry and irritated and went to the pizzeria on la Rambla which was fantastic. Tables around us seemed to be having similar problems with the bill and food not arriving. The entire place was shambolic

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We discovered that place by chance, the first restaurant we had chosen was full. Generous and good food, funny and nice waiter. Tapas at the bar ground floor seemed to be good, various, we were at the restaurant first floor. Perfect for tourists.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The food here was really just ok. My biggest issue was that we just wanted tapas. I ordered a mini hamburger (6,70 €) and when it came out it was really big. I asked the waiter twice if this was the mini hamburger, and he responded with 'yes, we only have one kind of hamburger.' The bill arrived, and I'd been charged 12,70€ for this burger. I called the waiter, and he took the bill and said 'you're correct. it should only be 6,70). He came back a few minutes later explaining: 1) they don't have a mini burger as shown on the menu 2) the manager said that since it was mostly consumed that we just had to pay for it 3) true, there is no mention of 12,70 anywhere on the menu and price was simply created. He offered a glass of cava, which I did not want. We paid, and I would never go back again.