See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Hotel( I wouldn’t call this place a hotel) is in good location... and that is end of good points. Terrible state of rooms, mouldy, dirty, small, very loud, paint coming off literlly everything.
Even pipes makes terrible noises at night. Windows are old and not even closing fully. Smells from outside. No hot water in shower. ( shared shower & toilet). Found long black hair on bed sheets, headboards are not attached to the beds and beds.. ehh beds.. never slept on worse

Friendly staff tho.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2018

We were 2 families with 2 kids (4 & 6 years old). Pension Francia was just 1 of the 8-9 hotels we stayed during our recent Portugal/Spain trip. And by far, the worst guesthouse I've ever visited. It is NOT a 6.9 by a wild stretch. I've stayed in other guesthouses on this trip - where the hosts were willing to adjust. We loved it - felt like home! But Pension Francia - makes you cringe!

When we checked in - the front office person was very rude! While booking, we knew, there were no toilets inside the room - we were OK with it. But the rooms are on the 4th floor with no elevators. That was probably fine too! But, the moment we opened the door, the stench that greeted us was unbearable! The rooms were old and moldy with cracks, paint chips etc. What they call as bathroom inside the room - is a joke!

The six of us, including 2 kids were literally on the streets, because we couldn't stand inside those rooms for more than a minute. We had to get out have lunch, find another hotel with 2 rooms on the fly, pay them, take cabs to transport all our bags to it - have the courtesy to go back to Pension Francia - and cancel the booking online.

We even offered the front office person money - just for the inconvenience and to pay for cleaning if any. Remember - we just put our bags and exited the property. We then stayed at a much nicer place nearby for half the price. Over 100 Euros per night, for this dump is ridiculous!! Bookings.com, through which we booked this hotel - has not handled this well. So, please stay away from them also!

Room Tip: Drain pipe view, unbearable stench!!
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank sunny1190
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Booked Pension Francia for one night, I was travelling home the next day and needed somewhere to stay for the night. I will admit I did not pay much for this hotel but I wanted to cry when I walked in.
I entered the hotel, climbed about 5 flights of stairs with my luggage as there was no lift. My room was the smallest room I have ever stayed in, it was fairly clean but it did not feel safe at all. There was no air conditioning, only a small fan, which is not good at all for a heat wave in Barcelona.
The hall had peeled paint over the floor and mould on the ceiling.
I may not have paid much and I should have expected what I got but I would not even rate this hotel a one star and I would definitely call it a hostel before a hotel.
The rooms do not look like they do at all on the website, well, the single rooms do not anyway.
One thing I will say is that the staff were nice.
Would not recommend this hotel at all.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank PaigeLatimer
Reviewed June 1, 2017

Say bad - to say nothing. The stench, dirty walls. The walls are thin, you can hear what your neighbors are doing. Not comfortable bed and dirty. The room are absolutely not acceptable... Horrible hotel !

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Booked a room. 106€. I expected a decent bed for that night rate. Well i just slept on barcelonas most uncomfortable bed. Instable, noisy and moved when you turn. The sheets were filthy. The place is filthy. Toilet outside room. I think i was ripped off because there were two beds in the room. I was not told it was 106€ because there were two beds in the room.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business