Let me start by saying that this is not a 5-Star hotel. The only thing 5 star about this place is the location, which is in the heart of Passeo de Gracia. The lobby is poorly situated a floor above the entrance directly in front of the elevators which leaves very little space for multiple guests to wait at the same time. I will say that the hotel was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We had called ahead to ensure that 1 of our 2 rooms had double beds, which was confirmed. However when we got to the front desk to check-in they had nothing blocked for us, no notes of the request, and no resolution other than 2 rooms with kings beds. This is an especially bad hotel for families or anyone traveling with friends because there is NO privacy. The shower, toilet and sink area were literally in the bedroom. The only division were frosted sliding glass doors. Because the shower is in the room with no extra fan or ventilation, and the 2 tiny windows in the room opened to a wall when I would return every day the room smelled as if I had left my car window open in the midst of a rain storm. Perhaps the worst part of the room are the 2 barrel sinks that are blocked off by a sharp edged ledge above them. It is literally impossible to wash your face without the majority of the water ending up on the floor and knocking your head on the shelf (see attached photo). Lastly, the rooms are incredibly dark, despite their being about 16 different light switches scattered about the room without any logical correspondence.
Moral of the story is that I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they plan to be in and out for a night and need the convenient location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eurostars BCN Design Hotel is set in an elegant building on the Paseo de Gracia, next to Rambla Cataluña, dating from the second half of the 19th century when the connecting road was built to join up the two most important cities in the region: Barcelona and Gracia. Our boutique hotel in Barcelona provides free Wi-Fi connection and a gym. The bar-cafeteria offers excellent buffet breakfasts, a fine assortment of tapas, a specially selected range of wines and cavas and two ambiances to choose from with a spacious lounge with vistas of the Paseo de Gracia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Eurostars BCN Design reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars BCN Design Barcelona, Catalonia
- Eurostars Bcn Design Hotel Barcelona