“Great fun staff, enjoyed the local food.”

Restaurante Salamanca
Reserve with
Restaurante Salamanca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,081 of 9,396 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Barceloneta
Description: Salamanca's Restaurant is one of the most typical and traditional restaurants in Barcelona, where you may have lunch or dinner by celebrities like Julio Iglesias, Pique o Shakira. One of the few authentic restaurants remaining beachfront of Barceloneta.You can not leave Barcelona without your picture by Silvestre, Salamanca's tireless owner for more tan fourty years and also a celebrity in Barcelona. Best: paella, ham, fresh seafood chosen by specialists and good vibes.
Boise
“Great fun staff, enjoyed the local food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Good times watching Barcelona beat Madrid that place went nuts. Great sea bass Diego rocks as a waiter.

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stumbled upon this place while walking along the seafront one evening. We were made to feel very welcome and the service was so good i was almost feeling guilty! Especially our designated waiter Anwar who was a good laugh and couldnt do enough to help us. Huge range of seafood and mains, amazing desserts,plus they gave us so many free plates of tapas between courses it was basically a 6 course meal. All topped off with a complementary glass of grapa which warmed the ears. Good atmosphere eating in their open air section in the evening and they even flagged down a taxi for us. All done with a smile. Will definitely pay a visit if i ever go back to Barcelona

Italy
“a positive surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was not very keen of the place, it looks too fancy and expensive. In fact the service is great (sometimes a bit harsh, but in a nice way) and the food (paella) great. Excellent selection of starters too, helped by the waiter. A bit pricey.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Hustled service with overpriced menu”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We were pointed to this restaurant by several local people. We were told that a la cart menu can be a bit pricey and the best thing is to ask for menu of a day(€10 a head). We were seated outside a presented with a La card menu. I asked the waiter if we can get the menu of a day. He got slightly angry and told us that this menu is only served inside. So we stood up a went inside and realized that we need to go to the first floor with very narrow stairs. I had a dislocated knee several weeks ago and my movement was quited limited and I had my 9 month old daughter with me as well. It took me a few minutes to get up there with their busy service passing by. Upstairs, we were reseated two more times as the stuff could not figure it out which seats were allocated to this menu. After second time, we had a feeling we are not welcome with a such request and left without ordering anything. Outside we saw manager and couple waiters arguing and shouting on each other in front of customers in spanish. Not very pleasant experience.

1 Thank Milos S
Baden, Switzerland
“Good food, tricky waiters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I moved to Bacreloneta and ate in this restaurant many times. Paella is good though it's a very touristic place.

The only thing I didn't like last time was that I ordered a seafood Paella, they bought me paella 'special of the house' with lobsters without informing me. It costed us 65euros for 2 people as opposed to a regular 25eur for a seafood paella. Also they put bread on the table without us ordering and then charged us for it. They apologizes later after they realized that I live in the neighborhood but it's not fair for tourists to be tricked into this 'hidden' way of making money. For me it's dis- honest.

1 Thank Anjali M