“Cannot recommend this place enough”
Review of El Bestiari - CLOSED

El Bestiari
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have been in Spain for the best part of two weeks now and Bestiari provided the best food I have eaten thus far. I am a serious foodie and this place is well worth the visit. If you have had enough of tapas and tourist geared menus then try this place. If you feel like you are missing some greens in your diet then try this place. If you want excellent service in a stylish environment then try this place. In any case, you should probably just try this place.

We shared a starter, one beer, two glasses of wine and two mains for 47e. I fear you would pay much more for an average meal in Barcelona, I have been in this city enough times to know.

There are newer reviews for El Bestiari

Reviewed December 17, 2011

Poor Service, limited menu, couldn't taste the wine, had to pour the wine in class by self, food was pretty tasteless...

Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stayed for 4 days in the wonderful old Born district of Barcelona. The culinary highlight of our visit though was to the Bestiari Restaurant. We were tempted as we love food and the menu looked so interesting and the restaurant was clearly loved by locals with tourists being in short supply in mid-November. My wife decided not to have a starter and I was hoping not to have to share mine as I chose ‘Salmon sashimi with endive, miso sauce, sweet onions and lime’ and she doesn’t like raw fish. However, it really was one of the most amazingly tasting things that I’ve eaten. Of course I then made the ‘mistake’ of enthusing about it, which led to half my starter being ‘confiscated’. I then had perfectly cooked grilled hake that came on top of a bed of luscious sautéed baby broad beans and black chanterelles together with a sophisticated lemongrass coulis that acted as a perfect complement. My wife had cod with a crunchy pistachio crust and green asparagus together with a deep green, velvety and fresh mint pea puree. I do not usually have sweets but I’ve never had a fruit soup and could not resist the chance of trying their citrus and fruit soup infused with basil and presented together with a mandarin sorbet, which was interesting and enjoyable. However, my wife hit the sweet spot this time being intrigued by a very intriguing sounding selection of ice creams, which we found ranged from amazing (Kulfi), Menorcan gin pomade (excellent), mango (excellent),, sesame (excellent) and weird (rose water). The service was first class, with two extremely nice people providing excellent attentive service, a really good atmosphere in a very well decorated / furnished space. We loved it and could recommend it wholeheartedly. The cooking is 1* Michelin standard, as one of the previous reviewer’s indicted, but without the rather fussy service that invariably accompanies Michelin starred restaurants.

1  Thank BOWUK
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Situated in the Born district with large windows and high ceilings which gives a trendy atmosphere to the place. We had a table reservation but upon arriving didn't get the attention of the waiters and had to stand around waiting for somebody to notice us. Took some time to get our orders placed but nevertheless service was friendly. The food was good but nothing very out of the ordinary. The food was slightly cold as a result of having to wait in the kitchen? The crowd was fairly young and trendy. This is a good place to have a relaxed dinner before hitting the bars around El Born. Service could be somewhat more forthcoming and attentive though.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Absolutely loved it! Try the Fois Gras as a starter, it's heaven! If you like an artsy atmosphere combined with good quality food, you will like it there! As much for a romantic night out as it is for a table with friends. We will be back again and again.