“THE best!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My partner and I have just had 5 weeks traveling in Spain and De Tapa Madre was the best Tapas we ate on our trip. The restaurant has a great atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff and reasonably priced dishes. The food was excellent, fresh, and well prepared. We actually ate there twice in 2 days as the experience was so good. I would have no hesitation recommending this restaurant, we enjoyed it immensely.

De Tapa M, Director General at De Tapa Madre, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your opinion, makes his opinions as excited to work for people like you leave the restaurant happy, I will convey your opinion to all staff.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The tapas were good (we had many!) and the jamon de bellotas was excellent. However the patatas bravas were not so good. The potatos themselves were excellent and well prepared, but the sauce used on them (and a lot of it!) appeared to be some kind of dreadful store-bought spicy mayo... This same thing has happened to us in other tapas places, not sure what's going on with the patatas bravas in Barcelona lately... sigh! As said, all other items were very good.

1  Thank Carlos1w

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The waitress had a very bad day, I suppose. Tourists asking for the nearest buss station, she bluntly answered, ununderstandable and turned around. After that a group of three came in and wanted to sit at the window, but this table was ready for two and not for three. She threw her menu's with a loud slap on the table, grasped the eating utensils and glass and smacked them on the other table. We ordered shrimps. We got 5 tiny shrimps for the price of € 11,95. We have been eating tapas in great places like Restaurante Taverna El Bisbe, not to compare with this dump!

5  Thank Car D
De Tapa M, Director General at De Tapa Madre, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

I speak with the waitress and clients as you who call to our restaurant dump, and they endure evil, we ask them please not to return to our restaurant, to say to them what I think of you but we have more education.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We loved the feel of De Tapa Madre when we talked in, if only the food matched the ambiance. The food was okay, but nothing special. Our best dishes we got were the Tortilla and Grilled Veggies. The Patate Bravas had way too much sauce and the jamon was super greasy and slimy. Service was not that attentive either. We ordered a bottle and received glasses of wine instead and once our food arrived didn't see the waiter again until we flagged him down for our bill.

1  Thank kpreugs
De Tapa M, Director General at De Tapa Madre, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I found this restaurant near the place I was staying. Atmosphere was good with lots of people. We had an excellent lobster rice that I recommend but the roast suckling pig was reheated and not good. My rate for the food is essencially due to the rice.
Some of the staff were friendly but others just didn't paid attention, one forgot what I had requested and never brought it.

in the end the difference between an average and very good rate was the excellent rice that counted the most.

rice with lobster ,Many people think this one very well