All reviews swimming pool secure underground parking wifi santander kettle route
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Arrived after a long drive from Portugal on our way back to the UK. There is a bay where you can pull in at the front of the hotel whilst you check in. Check in was quick, we then parked in the underground car park. For once a car park that was wide enough to drive round. Payment was 11€ for the night, which we thought was good in comparison to some hotels we have stayed in.
We had booked a triple room. Our room was big enough for three and had a nice bathroom with shower. Lots of complimentary toiletries. Efficient air conditioning and lots of lights and plug sockets. A kettle was also provided with complimentary coffee and tea. The hotel operate an extra pillow service, so we phoned down and these were delivered to our room whilst we were out. One tip though the medium pillow is very hard, next time we would opt for soft. We found the hotel very quiet and we did sleep very well, considering it is on a long road, city centre and near a roundabout we heard no traffic noise.
Breakfast was ok. The traditional spanish tortilla I love was so dry and rubbery it could not be eaten . I did see someone else send theirs back. I picked a yoghurt and that was out of date. The two ladies on breakfast service did apologise and quickly replaced. They had fresh orange juice but also bottled juice in the fridge which was lovely. Our son said the churros were the best ever. Fresh rolls and pastries were also available. There was plenty of choice.
Outside is a swimming pool. When we stayed it was very hot and the pool looked lovely, with towels stored outside for you to help yourself.
Just across the road is the Vall Sur shopping centre and beside and across from the hotel in the other direction are several cafes. The hotel also has a restaurant.
Would we stay again? Yes , staff were friendly, we often stay in Valladolid on our return journey and usually try a different hotel each time. This didn't disappoint. Four star and good value for money too.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights in August while on business. Nice spacious room, good beds and a decent restaurant/bar downstairs run by 2 lovely ladies.
Friendly staff and secure parking.

Not much about if you're not speaking Spanish and are a solo traveller.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

You could not pay me to stay in this hotel.

I stayed in this hotel for two nights and it was shocking from start to finish. I expected prices to be high for food and drinks but didn’t expect to be told the kitchen was closed when I ordered some food from the menu on display in the bar.

The Spa was closed so I can’t rate it, but I was told the Spa was the source of the smell I experienced in the Hotel Toilets next to the lobby.

The air-conditioning in my room caused a terrible smell to the point where I had to leave and ask for something to be done. To be fair the hotel used some sort of gadget to get rid of the smell but no explanation was given and I wasn’t told when the process was completed. So I was kept waiting around unnecessarily.

My room was dirty, particularly the bathroom, as was the whole hotel. Food on the floor in the bar, used tissues on the floor in the toilets. Pubic hairs and stains on the toilet in the hotel lobby (the same for two days running).

This hotel is one of those that uses electronic “bells” to summon service to the bar or pool area. I’m not a fan, but didn’t expect to order a “Radler” as published on the menu to be told that they would make one with Fanta Limon. Of course it tasted disgusting.

The fancy fountain in the outside pool in the hotel photos was not working.

The wifi was slow and unsecured. Not appropriate for business.

Paying 1.50 euro for a coffee that comes out of a capsule is a complete rip-off. 20 yards away you can have a fresh ground cup of coffee for less and they will give you a complimentary snack.

However the most important factor in my visit was the indifferent attitude of the staff to everything that they did. I felt I should apologize for getting in their way.

I asked the hotel if there was something wrong and why I was experiencing so many issues. They said everything was normal.

Maybe I just had bad luck but I’m not convinced.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank _steven1104
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

I never cease to be impressed with hotels that treat you like you are the only guest. We are driving north from the Algarve to Santander and Valladolid is on the route. Secure underground parking is a big deal. Nice little coffee shop Belaria next door, a shopping mall over the road and quality dinner in the hotel ended a trouble free day.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DandMLagoa34
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

In a word, disappointing. We have stayed in this chain at Salamanca and loved it. This does not feel at all like a four star. It was clean but other than that so many things were below par. Reception staff couldn’t seem to raise a smile when we checked in. Dinner didn’t open til 8.30pm. Too late for us so we went to the food court at the shopping centre! Our room was small. The extra child’s bed by the window had no duvet so he woke up cold in the morning. I mentioned this as we checked out as a suggestion for housekeeping and was told there was a duvet in the cupboard - we didn’t see one. Shower thermostat broken (?) - water would suddenly run scolding. So two of us avoided the shower (was no bath). Breakfast on Saturday - we were down more than half an hour before it closed but all three hot trays empty save for half a few slices of courgette. Asked if they could be refilled, 6 rashers of bacon appeared between us and the other guests. We were offered eggs cooked to order - waitress was nice as were the eggs. Gym/ spa shut - restricted hours. Pool outside but had no water in it. I don’t like writing negative reviews but on balance this was not good value at all and we will give this hotel a miss in future.

Date of stay: April 2018