“OK Hotel but is located in a great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olid Hotel

Olid Hotel
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Valladolid
Beit She'an, Israel
“OK Hotel but is located in a great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I arrived at the Hotel directly from the Airport (about a 10 minute drive by Taxi).
The Hotel is right in the middle of the Town, and is very convenient for anyone wanting to walk and see the historic sites in the area (and there are lots of them).
The person at the counter in reception spoke passable English and I had the keycard to my room within a couple of minutes of arriving.
The room was small to medium sized. There was a small-ish bathroom with marble flooring, a toilet, bidet and bath/shower. The “freebies” included a small shampoo bottle, a shower gel and a bar of soap. There was also a shaver and toothbrush. Towels were plentiful and of good quality. In the meter on meter corridor between the bathroom and main room, there was a trouser press on the wall.
In the main room there were 2 average sized single beds pushed together, a long desk with a 32” flat screen LCD TV on it and another meter of table space. The TV only had Spanish stuff on it, with NO English language channels. Under the TV was a fully stocked minibar. The weather was such that I did not touch the thermostat for either heating or cooling so I do not know how well the A\C works.
There was free Wifi, but it was lousy, with slow internet and lots of disconnects. I did not have a cable to see if the plug in internet service was any better.
The wardrobe was good sized, had plenty of hangers in and there was a small digital safe for valuables.
The Windows were pretty new and although the road was directly below me (I was on the 4th floor), I did not hear much road noise. The Curtains were quite new and there were good quality nets behind them.
The bed/pillows were average (comfort). Room noise at night (i.e. from the road/other rooms in the hotel) was average.
The Carpet looked a little dated and there were a couple of cracks on the wall
I went into breakfast on the first morning. I only had Black coffee and an apple….but there was plenty to eat for those that wanted to.
Price was pretty cheap, but this is a town pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

¬Summary
A slightly dated, good 3 star/poor 4 star Hotel in a convenient position in the middle of Valladolid. Not bad, but not fantastic. I would possibly stay there again if in Valladolid, or maybe go for something that has received a better review.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BJREisman
José Luis M, Manager at Olid Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for you review!
Hotel Olid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here for four nights as part of wine tour organized from England. The hotel is in a good central location both for the wine areas around Valladolid and the Plaza Major with all its bars and restaurants. I had no choice in whether I stayed here or not as it was the accommodation allocated to the wine tour and I read trip advisor carefully before I went so it was with some trepidation that I arrived looking for bed bugs, lumpy pillows, falling ceilings, noisy neighbours, etc. There were no bedbugs, one of the pillows was lumpy but they happily changed it, all the walls and ceilings in my room remained intact, the neighbours in the street were exceptionally noisy (until 4:30 am) but we were given an internal room instead (others in our party were not so lucky as they did not have enough rooms to change all of us) so all in all it was not nearly as bad as I was expecting.

It wan't four star luxury but it was perfectly adequate for our needs. It was clean, the rooms were a reasonable size, the breakfast by Spanish standards wasn't bad at all and the staff tried to resolve issues where they could.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room that overlooks the adjoining street - go for an internal room so you don'...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tiggerlives
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with a wine group for four nights. While appreciating this is not a tourist region (although there was a business convention staying at the hotel during our stay, plus the Real Madrid 2nd team for a match), the hotel was lacking in several respects, considering it proclaims 4 star status.

First the good things. Central location, clean, comfortable room and bathroom, breakfasts fine.

However, there were no bathrobes in the bathroom, toiletries were limited to 2 small containers of shower gel, there was only one pillow per person and the information file was in Spanish and French only.

Far worse, hotel bars are meant to be convivial places, particularly for enjoying a drink with friends before and after an evening out. The barman was surly and unwelcoming, so we only went there once and took our considerable custom to the very friendly little tapas bar over the road.

On our last night we dined at the hotel. The restaurant staff were curt and seemed keen on getting service over and done with as soon as possible. The fish soup starter was OK, but the main course was inedible: a leathery escalope (no idea what the meat was) and dried up pasta. Dessert was the same apple flan I'd had for breakfast that morning.

I hate complaining, but this is not a 4 star hotel and customer service was poor. A great shame, as otherwise we all enjoyed our stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SAAWimbledon

Travelers are raving about these Valladolid hotels

london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights as part of a tour. The room was clean and comfortable, if lacking in extras like coat hooks, drawer space and spare pillow. Bathroom clean with lots of hot water, but minimal toiletries . The breakfast was average to good.
Front desk staff were helpful, but after one trip to the bar, I never went again, due to high prices and the unhelpful and unfriendly attitude of the barman. There is a good tapas bar opposite, friendly and cheap.
The one group dinner we had was possibly the worst I have ever [not] eaten. Unidentifiable fried meat and dried up pasta. Dessert was left over apple tart from breakfast.
Good location, shame about the rest.

Room Tip: not facing the main street if you stay on a Saturday night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank florence45London
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Beware of Danger!
A big metal piece fell off the ceiling in room 416 on Sep 15, 2012 occupied by one member of my family. No one was hurted but the risk was obvious. Had it fallen on anybody the consequences would have been quite serious. Neither the Management nor the Company did provide any satisfaction either verbal or else let alone gave any assurance on this type of accident not happening again in the premises. Can provide pictures and letters upon request.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Madrid
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a very standard hotel, I used it for just one night and the price quality was ok. Close to the city centre (5 minutes walking) quite old but clean and ok for the price (65 Euros a double including a decent but not outstanding breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Personally, my experience at this hotel was ok...although not all of my travelling companions would agree. The things I liked about the hotel: it was in a good location, the front desk staff and bartender was friendly, the room was spacious and the breakfast was good. WiFi was free at the hotel, although I did not use it, so I can't comment on the connection. Now to the not-so-good experience of one of my colleagues: I hate to say this, but she found bed bugs in her room. She reported it and the hotel immediately switched her to another room and said they would take care of the situation. There were about 10 of us traveling on business and the rest of us inspected our rooms and they were fine. I'm hoping the bed bugs were just a fluke thing found in that one room! This obviously tainted the experience a little, but otherwise I don't have anything negative to say about my stay...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business