“Great Lebanese Food in Segovia!”

Restaurante Teteria Tuma
Ranked #17 of 237 Restaurants in Segovia
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Seattle, Washington
“Great Lebanese Food in Segovia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting this restaurant with my husband and my parents during our trip to Spain back in September. What a great choice we made. This was honestly one of the highlights of our entire 3 week trip. Being Lebanese myself, I can honestly tell you that this food is so authentic and delicious. Better yet, not only is it authentic it's actually quite gourmet as well. Most middle eastern restaurants you get your meat & rice dish together with maybe a side of hummus and tabouli. Everything is pretty standard. Well nothing about this place was standard. We enjoyed talking to the chef/owner for some time and found out that he was actually trained at 3 different cooking schools which you can quickly tell with each dish he brings out. Everything is presented so beautifully & tastes amazing. The meats were cooked so perfectly, tender chicken, lamb, & beef. I can't remember every dish we ordered but I will say we probably sampled at least 3/4 of the menu and there wasn't one thing that we didn't love. I know that sounds insane, but when you've been eating tapas for a few weeks straight, you are ready for a feast and a change of flavors (although we very much enjoyed the Spanish food as well). Some of the dishes that stuck out in my mind were the kibbe balls (fried perfectly, and not too oily at all), kibbe nay (this is raw beef that is mixed with burghul and spices. It is SO delicious here, and you usually have to be careful where you order this dish but the owner told us that he gets the meat fresh every morning from the local market. And wow, was he right. The kibbe nay was delicious.)
This should be a MUST on your visit to Segovia!

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great find in Segovia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Who would have thought we would get great Middle Eastern food in Segovia but once again TripAdvisor came through for us.. Everything we had was delicious the falafel was great and the owner went out of his way to explain all the dishes. Even had a great bottle of "Celestia Torres" wine and wonderful tea. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited November 2012
Orinda, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value, service and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I came here while visiting Segovia with my family in November of 2012. The restaurant is located right by the famous aqueducts in the center of the city. The owner is very nice and explained the menu to us in English. We ordered the asparagus, hummus with meat, lamb stew, moussaka, a lamb shawarma and baklava. All is highly recommended! The food was absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced. This restaurant is also great for vegetarians! A must visit if you are in Segovia!

New York City, New York
“Middle eastern gem overlooking the amazing segovian aqueduct!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Location: perfect
View: perfect
Price: so reasonable!

Teteria Tuma is serious about delicious and fresh food. Every dish we selected from the daily menu was better than the last. The owner steered us to the best of each menu, falafel, hummus, Mediterranean salad starters all with something special and so delicious. But the main courses were the stars, simple chicken skewers marinated in a succulent herb mixture and beef stuffed artichoke hearts with cumin bechamel sauce. I also had the most delicious Moroccan mint tea.

An absolute must. Benefit from years of Mediterranean culture in Spain, and discover this amazing break from standard Tapas!

Norfolk, Connecticut, United States
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I am in spin for 2 months and once I found out about this place, I never left. With reasonable prices and amazing food you could not find a better restaurant! The atmosphere and the chef/cow-owner could not be any nicer and could not love his job any more!

• Visited October 2012