“Spectacular”

$100.90*
Avila and Segovia:Guided Day Tour from Madrid with lunch
Ranked #1 of 78 things to do in Segovia
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Our first glimpse of the Aqueduct was as we drove into the town - it dominates the skyline and then to realise it dates back to Roman times is incredible

There are newer reviews for Segovia Aqueduct

Reviewed January 19, 2014

A must see and worth the trip to Segovia, stunning when illuminated at night. Follow the entire self guided walk.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

In Madrid, take the bus "La Sepulvedana" from Chamartin bus station, Pasea La florida and go to Segovia, takes 1 hour, gets you there in the hitoric town (train station if further down, and may need tot ak a bus) Bus has free wi fe and is a nice ride.
Acueduct is nice, but nothing compared to the Alcazar, nice castle and the cathedral is even more impresive, yet acueduct is what makes Segovia famous!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Why not plan a day trip to Segovia? It is such a cool town, and the people are warm and friendly. The Roman and Moorish architect combine and enchantment abounds in the greatest-kept secret of central spain. I saw few tourists in Segovia, and I never would have thought to travel there had it not been for my friend currently living there. All I can say is that you will be glad you took a day/short train ride away from Madrid to see this Jewel!

1  Thank Theron S
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was a little skeptical, having seen a fair few aqueducts in my time; but I assure you this one's worth the train journey from Madrid! If you're a ruin fan or a history addict, don't miss this. I'm more of a nature geek but I adored this town.

We took a day trip to see this and the castle and weren't disappointed. In fact, I loved it more than any of the time we spent in the capital. Ruins, walks, shops, restaurants and everything you need is right around you once you reach the centre, which is about a 20 minute walk from the station (via easy to follow road/pedestrian signs, just keep your eyes peeled for them).

You can follow the 16kn aqueduct along, and probably spend a day or two doing so, but we went for the day and were satisfied.

1  Thank Mousebird1