“A lovely little hotel in an excellant location !”
Review of Hotel Don Felipe

Hotel Don Felipe
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Segovia
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“A lovely little hotel in an excellant location !”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This hotel was a pleasant surprise, although only a 3 star it was an excellant find. The hotel is clean, modern and airy. We had a room which over-looked the Alcazar and the gardens which was very nice. The room was clean, bright and had a small complimentary mini-bar. The bathroom was of an adequate standard although the tolietries were a little drab.
The breakfast had a good choice although this was additional to the room rate.
Overall though this is a nice hotel in a good location in a very pretty and enchanting town!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed January 8, 2012

As another traveler has mentioned, parking (and unloading luggage) is a challenge in any old city. We were lucky to have space in the garage below the building.
The reception desk was completely helpful and friendly.
Our room was modern and comfortable with character and an incomparable view across the valley and over to the Alcazar - very romantic..
It was too chilly for us to make much use of the garden, but it looked out at the same view.
The breakfast was very pleasant and although the public interior spaces didn't encourage lounging, the rooms and garden were quite comfortable.
We wished we'd had more time to stay and we'd return here anytime.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect, overlooking the garden and valley in the back of the building.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IthacaNancy
Coimbra, Portugal
Reviewed January 8, 2012

That's right. You can't really go wrong here. There are minor niggles - some of the wiring was a bit dodgy, not all the rooms had been cleaned (but still I got a very good one) and the garage is a very tight fit. However, the service is good and the location excellent. Nice big bathroom, comfortable night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank The_Real_Sylvester
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This hotel is located at the end of Segovia where the Alcazar is and is a very quiet location. It is quite new and our room was very clean and comfortable. We booked on line and there are two comments I would like to make. First of all when you book on line the money is taken from your account immediately. This is unusual even if it is made clear, though I cannot remember this being mentioned. I did not notice till my bank statement showed the debit amount before I had even left home. Not the end of the world and I am sure if I followed their cancellation policy they would refund the amount. Secondly when you book it has standard doubles and premium doubles. I could only book premium which cost a bit extra. The web site states that the premiums are the same as the standard but enjoy a view of the alcazar. We were given room 207 which has no view of the alcazar. When I queried this I was told that premium rooms have external views but not guaranteed views of the alcazar. When I showed them their own site, they apologised but said that it was too late to gives us a room with a view, and if I was not happy there were other hotels in town, a comment I found a little unnecessary. Incidentally 207 is on the lowest level and is the only room with a door to the garden and would be very nice in a warm season with you own patio. In winter this room and the probably the one beside it the special don felipe 206 have central heating with radiators which is quite unusual for Spain [most hotels use the air conditioning as heating ] and makes for a very cosy room although the second night I had to turn if off during sleeping hours as pipes seem to carry an annoying level of noise. Turned it back on when I woke up. Incidentally if you want the view only the four rooms on the reception level probably have the view of the alcazar. Skipped breakfast in the room with no daylight for €11, hardly worth it. Prices high around New Year compared to rest of season. Parking in basement seems handy though we got the high speed train from Madrid and the connector bus to the Aqueduct. From there it is a 10 minute walk

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank unusualusername
Rabat, Morocco
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I was recommanded this little hôtel by my son who is studying in segovia, and, I must say that it was an excellent choice! Located Near the Alcazar, it is in the center of the old city. A nice and well decorated hotel. The people at the front desk are very nice and are always willing to help. The rooms are very confortable and well furnished, rather modern. I have stayed in several hotels in Segovia, and I must admit that this my favorite . I HIGHLY recommend it! It really does deserve to be 4-star hotel!! I Will definitely return here whenever I come back to Segovia.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Nad435
Tampa, f
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I really liked this hotel. It is in a very nice location and very convenient to everything, located within a block of so of the main square and Cathedral and to the other end of the street, the Alcazar (palace). Very nice staff and the room was ready early. The room was very clean, nicely decorated and a good size for Europe. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The garden area looked very nice, but it was rainy during my visit, so I didn't get to utilize it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ectosh
Portland, Maine
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The reviews on this hotel are right on the mark. We stayed two night in October 2011 and found the room to be great, a great view, and the balcony was a nice plus. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We discovered we had left a bag in our hotel room in Madird, and the hotel staff contacted the other hotel and made arrangements for us to pick up. They also helped with train reservations back to Madird. The localtion is great, just a short walk from major attractions. Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a view room with a balcony. Well worth the extra 10 Euro.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple