“An absolute MUST go restaurant”

Restaurante La Juderia
Ranked #30 of 240 Restaurants in Segovia
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: RESTAURANTE LA JUDERIA DE SEGOVIA.A RITMO DE ESPECIAS
Sotogrande, Spain
“An absolute MUST go restaurant”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Firstly, this restaurant has now moved from the Jewish quater to just above the tourist information office. It has brilliant views of the Roman aquaduct. The telephone number remains unchanged so you can still reserve a table. We had a range of wonderful starters in cluding a truly historic aubergine salad with a balsamic and pomegranite reduction. The owner of the restaurant was fabulous and this was a totally memorable evening. Thanks you so so much, we can't wait to return!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank SotoPD

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Check before you go.”
Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

We tried to go here on night two of three in Segovia, but it was closed up tight. Couldn't tell if they are on vacation or what. Disappointed. Plenty of other places, though!

Canberra, Australia
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We looked for this restaurant as we had read it was good in the lonely Planet guide. But we just ordered tapas at the bar, which is normally less expensive, as we thought it would be expensive and probably overrated. We were then invited to sit in the restaurant anyway, and were served three amazing dishes, all exquisitely presented, with very interesting mixes of flavours. We were impressed at how we were treated, as honoured guests, even though we had just dropped in for a quick lunch. The waiter told us a lot about the food, and obviously was an expert. We really enjoyed our lunch there. This restaurant deserves a visit, the chef is excellent and the staff exceptional.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Denise095
Heraklion, Greece
“Amazing food, really cosy environment and great service”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I only went to this restaurant because it was #1 in the TripAdvisor ranking and I have to say that I agree completely! The food was really good, it reminded me of Greek food (at least the oriental-influenced part of Greek cuisine). The environment was really cosy, with soft light and traditional wooden sofas with colorful covers. I was also impressed by the service, the waiter was eager to help and translate anything in the menu in English. All in all, probably the best restaurant in Segovia!

• Visited December 2011
Tampa, f
“Nice choice in Segovia”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I ended up here after wandering around the old Jewish area and it looked interesting and not just like all the other places in Plaza Mayor, so I gave it a shot. It was very good. I did order the typical Segovian menu with roast pig, etc. and it was excellent. The pricing is very fair for the food you receive and I had great service- the owner and another waiter were working the dining room. I am a solo traveler and they also made me feel very welcome. My Spanish is very basic and mostly pleasantries and they made sure that I understand the menu, etc., which was great. I also liked the decor- very different than the usual restaurants in the area.

• Visited November 2011