“great food in Salamanca”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Boca Abierta - CLOSED

La Boca Abierta
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The multifaceted la Boca abierta comprises a tapas bar, lounge area and Wine Cellar. Located a few steps from Plaza Mayor, la Boca abierta offers tasty fusion cuisine which can be enjoyed in a laid-back, cosy atmosphere, complemented by friendly service. The design of la Boca abierta combines historical beauty with contemporary architectural creativity.
Hampshire UK
“great food in Salamanca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We chose this restaurant having read the good reviews and were not disappointed. Having had a rather uninspiring meal at another local restaurant the night before we were delighted by the inspirational use of classic Spanish cooking combined with a modern twist. the flavours and presentation were excellent.The delightful English host made sure we had an excellent evening.It was so good my 2 teenagers insisted we came back again the next evening.Very good value for great food.

• Visited December 2012

“Outstanding food, service & surrounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We are travelling thru Spain for 1 x month and have enjoyed some fantastic meals, but this place would be in the top 5. We went for lunch and decided to have the set menu, which was fantastic quality for the value, you would be crazy to not have this place on the top of our list in Salamanca. Highly recommended, don't miss this great restaurant with a cool vibe and great relaxing music as well.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mudda1961
London, United Kingdom
“Regular visitor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I travel to Salamanca once every month, for a few days for business. I have a few restaurants that i eat in whilst in town but I am always taken to La Boca Abierta by my hosts. The owners are English and Polish (I think), but the menu is 100% mediterranean and always incredible. I don't wish to labour my review with a breakdown of everything I have eaten in the past few months but I can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal or service in 5 or 6 visits. The food is simply spectacular for the price. You could not find this quality in London or New York for these prices. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the owners take time to speak to everyone. The music is very much 'chill out' and convivial with eating. I give this restaurant 5 stars simply because I have never been disappointed.

2 Thank Paolo G
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I absolutely loved the food and the ambiance of la Boca abierta restaurant. The sublime and exquisite taste of the dishes prepared by the Chilean chef are for those who know good cuisine and are open to new tastes. For those who prefer the old style, traditional Spanish cuisine it will be better to visit one of the 'Mesons' where greasy food is served without any inspiration). I went to la Boca several times with my friends and everything we tried there was always superb! From mini pizzas, through pasta, risotto, ensaladas and main courses. I especially love the remolacha salad - perfect amount for a starter and spaghetti di mare (absolutely delicious!) The service is probably the kindest and most professional in the entire Spain (I've bee around and experiences a lot of rudeness!!!). The staff speaks Spanish, English, Polish and French. The treatment is full of respect and smile. It's a beautifully designed space: old stone and wood combined with modern elements. I adore it.

1 Thank Susana A
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a wonderful treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

FOUND THIS PLACE BY CHANCE , OR PERHAPS IT WAS THE FRAGRANCE OF SOMETHING GOOD THAT LURED ME IN. The staff is very friendly, and the food, THE FOOD! What a lovely change from the everyday. The Chilean chef is very creative, and you don't have to sell your laptop to eat well. In fact, menu del dia will set you back just 12 Euro. And just because it's menu del dia, the flavors nor the presentation will be compromised. Their regular menu is very varied, you will find something there even if you are vegan.

1 Thank Malva7