“Not a pleasant experience dealing with the hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Emperatriz I

Emperatriz I
Ranked #51 of 72 Hotels in Salamanca
Virginia, USA
“Not a pleasant experience dealing with the hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2007

We read some good reviews here, so we tried to make a reservation through the hotel's website, which does have a clickable "Rerserva" button. But a pop-up window asked us to make the reservation by phone or fax. Now, why would the hotel put up a website and not accept online reservation? That is just plain stupid. By checking around the site, I found the email address hidden in the FAQ section, so we sent an email. Since the Emperatriz Hotel has three locations: I, II and III, III being the most expensive one, we asked in the email for a room at either I or II. The response came back from Emperatriz III, telling us to contact I or II by phone or fax. So the person who responded was basically saying that she worked for the same hotel chain but wouldn't want to bother to contact the other two hotels in the chain for a potential customer. We wrote back asking her to forward our email to the other two hotels. Her response? The other two hotels don't have email addresses. So this woman working at the hotel with no sense of customer service couldn't bother to pick up her damn phone to make a local call. Instead, she wanted a potential customer around the world (we did say in our email we are from the US) to make an international call or fax. At this point, we pretty much decided that we would take our business elsewhere. Adios, Emperatriz: you are not going to get a penny from us, and I am here to tell the whole world your bad business practice.

Stayed April 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2006

Location of this hotel is superb if you want a quiet zone, situated in the same (pedestrian) street as the "casa de las conchas" Easy walk from the coach station as well and short walk from the Plaza Mayor.
I asked for a quiet room and was given one as on one side I noticed several bars below the hotel. Very basic internal room but for the price was ok.
Very dull restaurant/dining room which I only saw being used when a "group" arrived, however I preferred to walk to the Plaza Mayor for breakfast as more atmosphere there. Hotel is old and could do with a bit of renovating perhaps, but well suited my needs of visiting my daughter who is studying in Salamanca university

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — very basic room, but considering the age of hotel to be expected
  • Tips/Secrets — walk to Plaza Mayor for breakfast