“beautiful hotel”

Ranked #9 of 72 Hotels in Salamanca
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“beautiful hotel”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We had a wonderful room with an extraordinary view! The Hotel was located within walking distance of everything one would want to do. Room service brought some great pizza. I left my expensive camera battery in the room. They mailed it for me to an address in Madrid which I received before i left the country. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed here on our first night of our tour with Trapatour, absolutely gorgeous right accross the monastery but free wifi in lobby for only HALF hour. Below average breakfast. Join Trapsatour only if you love chickens...served four times out of seven included meals!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I booked a standard room at this hotel, knowing that it was on the route of the time trial for the Vuelta (the Spanish cycling race). I asked for a room facing San Pablo, hoping we could see the race route. On arrival, I was checked into room 202, one of their "Habitation Premium" rooms, we'd been upgraded and had a balcony over the route.

I hadn't booked breakfast and the reception desk didn't ask me to take it and I wasn't charged for the upgrade.

I agree that they don't promote services available to guests, only when I asked where I could buy a newspaper, was I directed to the area near the bar where the hotel provides free newspapers for guests. I sat on the terrace watching some of the race and staff attended, but didn't push me to buy a drink.

Historic building, would have been nice to have a sheet in the room, providing some information on it's background. Great location between the cathedrals and San Esteban.

Only negative, the bed were on castors on a wood floor, so it you sat up in bed against the headboard, the bed would start moving across the room. As the beds were so easy to move, it was a shame the staff didn't clean under them, we had other peoples nail clippings.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights in July. Very nice hotel, great location. Great air-conditioning in room.
Like others got the hard sell at check in to pay for room upgrade and breakfast. Not good for 4 star hotel to do this.
But as I didn't like rooms at back of hotel I did pay extra and got Duplex rooms which were great and worth the extra 20 Euros per night.
Bar in hotel had good prices and Terrace overlooked church so nice way to end the evening.
Beware pickpockets at Cathedral. I caught 15 year old boy trying to take my purse out of my bag.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank jpres
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We had reservations to stay at this hotel in a standard room. When we got to the hotel, the reception desk personnel tried to persuade us to upgrade for additional money to a premiere room. I checked the room out while my husband stayed at the reception desk. I didn't feel that the premiere room was worth the additional money. When I got back to the reception desk, the same clerk was trying to persuade my husband to reserve buffet breakfasts for the three days we would be in Salamanca, at a discounted rate of 10 Euros rather than 15 Euros. We decided that since we're not breakfast people, we would reject the offer. However, all of this pressure seemed unprofessional for a 4-star hotel.

When we got to the standard room, we were very pleased with the spaciousness, tasteful decoration, quiet, and amenities so we have no complaints about the room itself. It was excellent.

We then went to the cocktail lounge where the desk clerk told us that we could order some snacks, such as tapas, pizzas etc. Not so. The server told us that nothing on the menu would be available. Strange. The next day, when we went to the same lounge, no one was there to serve. We had to hunt someone down.

To this day, we have no idea where the dining room is located in this hotel. The hotel provided no map, no indication of its services, no history of the building.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of a 2 week Spain trip. Hotel is perfectly situatied in historic district of Salamanca but on a quiet side street...NO street noise!! Room was well appointed, comfortable, and large. Only negative was that housekeeping did not fully stock bathroom supplies at start of stay and never re-stocked.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MelissaEl
Toulouse, France
Reviewed February 4, 2011

The hotel is a beautiful old palace in the middle of a one of the most impressive old towns in Spain. The hotel lobby is breathtaking. Unfortunately, the room was a complete disappointment. The twin beds were uncomfortable, the noise from the street penetrated the room (luckily it looked on to a a pedestrian area), the decoration was poor and, worst of all, it was very cold during the night in spite of the heating being on. On the positive side there was a great view of the cathedral from the window. No free Internet. The staff were nice but a bit slow. This was definately not what I expected from an NH and will not be returning.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business