“Amazing food and service”
Review of El Alquimista

El Alquimista
Ranked #21 of 577 Restaurants in Salamanca
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've just visited this restaurant in the marvellous city of Salamanca. It has entered directly in my worldwide "Top Five" (and I've visited more than 30 countries). Service has been brilliant and the meal was perfectly cooked. We had a very innovative version of Lamb Kebab, Iberic Pork, Tuna, Goat's cheese salad and Brownies.

Very relaxing atmosphere.

Highly recommended, don't miss it.

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant takes a little while to find as it is outside the touristic mainstream, but it was worth the visit. At first it looks that some things are not so flexible (e.g. the degustation menu is only possible for the wole table and in our case 4/5 wanted it, so it wasn't possible). However the personnel is very professional and the food was excellent: the salad, entrecote, gazpacho, meat dishes, cod, tuna, all were served on time and were very tastefull. If this restaurant would be in the center it would be a full house (we noticed only 4 occupied tables on a Monday in July and this restaurant deserves better). Nice, modern interior, by the way.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I've been to El Alquimista this weekend after reading the reviews on trip advisor. We tried 4 restaurants, from the top ones rated and commented by users, and I can say that this was the best one. Excellent service and amazing plates, detailed and with high quality products. They make "media raciones" a typical spanish method that resembles to the local tapas, offering smaller plate sizes compared to the average restaurants. Believe me though, it's enough. I suggest to share a couple of starters and then get a main plate each. I considered the price we payed, about 30 € each, very low compared to the quality of food they offer! GREAT FOOD AND A GREAT LOCATION FOR AN AMAZING NIGHT!
A MUST IN SALAMANCA!!!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had a wonderful evening at El Alquimista. Good quality of ingredients and very good cuisine and presentation.According to belgian standards very affordable (difference in TAV rates). I would definitely visit this restaurant again when I'm in the area.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

What an absolutely enjoyable and memorable evening. The decor is trendy and sober. The service is attentive, friendly and formal. When we walked in, we thought we might be out of place with two young kids (luckily we had the iPad for entertainment), but we were seated and a moment later the kids' cutlery was substituted for kid-friendly Ikea-ware. We knew then we were going to have an enjoyable evening. Enough with the banter - the food. Bordering on haute cuisine, the menu his focussed and delightful. Amongst the four adults we made a concerted effort to try everything on the menu (the restaurant offers a degustación, but everyone at the table has to be on board). The presentation is deconstructed and everything was fresh and savoury. The beef was one of the most tender cuts I've ever had - and I've had a lot of beef! Desert was also a highlight! We look forward to a return visit (perhaps without the kids!)

3  Thank BeenThere07