“a delightful dining experience”
Review of Victor Gutierrez

Victor Gutierrez
Ranked #34 of 571 Restaurants in Salamanca
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Avila, Spain
“a delightful dining experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We lunched on a Thursday afternoon with no reservation. It was good timing as the next 3 days were completely booked for both lunch and dinner. It is a small, elegant restaurant with excellent service, an accomadating staff who weren't intrusive but answered every question knowledgeably when asked about a food item or beverage. We had the 60+Eur menu and were delighted with the variety of seafood and vegetables (we had just spent 2 weeks in Avila and missed both fish and vegetables. The different flavors were delightful. And we were pleasantly satisfied at the end of the meal. Would definitely return.

1 Thank Lee Ann K

Victoria, Canada
“Unforgettable Symphony of Flavour”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We recently had a wonderful dinner at Victor Gutierrez, selecting the Victor Gutierrez tasting menu.

It is a meal we won't ever forget. From the beginning to the finish the flavours just kept coming. Particularly fabulous were the garden vegetable "soup" , the scallop ceviche, the smoked trout, the sushi, the hake and the duck courses. A couple of the dishes had a heat from spices. All in all a meal of the best food presented in a beautiful way, accompanied by attentive and friendly service.

Oh, and arable by the window looking onto the street and the San Esteban monastery gave us a passing parade of vignettes of Salamantine life.

Lancashire
“Memorable .”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went to this restaurant for a special celebration and were not disappointed. The decor is minimal but the staffs attitude brought warmth to what is a very understated room . We had the tasting menu for 55 Euros which we thought very reasonable given prices for the equivalent in the U.K.There was a comprehensive wine list and advice from staff was good and was certainly not aimed at flogging the more expensive wines . The food was excellent and service impeccable , without any stuffiness.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,277 helpful votes
“Feared the worst.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I love my food as anyone who knows me well will testify. When planning a trip there is always a restaurant or two that must be visited. Victor Gutierrez was one such restaurant, I booked the table well in advance, received an e-mail confirmation, all seemed well with the world.

When we arrived in Salamanca, the restaurant was a short walk from our hotel and opposite the San Esteban convent. Normally, I ask the hotel to confirm my reservation on this occasion we wandered past the restaurant and there was a notice stating the restaurant was open only for dinner, no problem?

We had a reservation for 10.p.m.we arrived around 9.45 to find the door locked and the restaurant in total darkness.I rang the main line it was diverted to a mobile, when answered I was told there was an issue with the kitchen equipment and the restaurant was no able to open they politely informed me, they had sent me an e-mail regarding the problem, I was niffe, they could have rang me I don't want to spend my holiday checking e-mails!!!!!! It was not what I expected from a restaurant of this standing. They did offer a table for the following evening, however, we needed a table for 3 rather than 2 as our daughter would be arriving the next morning. A table for 3 it was.

We opted for the six course tasting menu with a local wine accompanying the food, the food was excellent and modern with the occasional twist like the oreo cookies with guacamole. service was exemplary.They more than made amends for the previous evening's "misundestanding". I would have know issues recommending this restaurant, just check the opening times.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank mobile_mackem
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Delicious food - well worth a visit.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a very good meal here and enjoyed a standard of cooking that would have cost a lot more in London. We chose the tasting menu for 55euros which was a succession of exquisite morsels well chose to compliment each other. Only the main courses did not quite hit the mark. The service was excellent and we enjoyed the relaxed ambience which contrasted positively with the often stuffy atmosphere of uk restaurants serving food of this quality. Particularly impressive was the flexibility of the kitchen which was able to adapt the menu for one of us with food allergies while allowing the other to enjoy the original menu

• Visited March 2013