“Disappointed after the reviews!”
Review of La Cocina de Tono

La Cocina de Tono
Ranked #46 of 577 Restaurants in Salamanca
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Service was acceptable, although after driving up from the south of Spain, we were under dressed (caught out for the cool Salamanca evenings); and were still ushered to a table outside!
I went for the Hake, as after a month of Spanish cuisine the thought of another plancha or fried dish made me stomach turn. It was the most expensive dish on the menu, at £24 you expect a 'considered' dish.
The amuse bouche was nice, and always gratefully received.
But the Hake was so under cooked that was left raw in the middle, I sent it back to the kitchen to have it put it out of it's misery once and for all; but the poor fish still came back with life in it.
I sent it back.
Still on the bill at the end of the meal though!
If this is the best Salamanca has to offer...............?

1  Thank Dan S

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Good food can be hard to find in Spain but La Cocina de tono does not disappoint
Really friendly staff and the menu del dia is served from Tuesday to Thursdays at lunchtimes and was only 53 euros for two of us, with a lovely bottle of Verdeho.
The food was a culinary delight, one appetiser, three starters beautifully presented and all tasting delicious
Our spanish isn't very good so we were not always sure what we were being presented with but it never failed to please
I would make a detour to this great city to eat here again
We returned on a Euro cup semi-final night and just enjoyed excellent tapas

1  Thank stbotolphs
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I would not go to Salamanca to have diner or tapas in La Cocina de Tono, but if in Salamanca don't miss it. Went there because of raving reviews from Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. Food was excellent, one of the best we had is Salamanca, and staff was extremely helpful (place was full, but they manage to sit us somehow...). We had tapas, not diner, but I'm sure diner is also great.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

The atmosphere here is spot on for a romantic dinner, and for a silver service restaurant I thought the price was good. The waiting staff were very friendly and patient even though we don't speak Spanish.
The food was pretty decent, the presentation was good but overall it didn't blow my mind. It was basically what I would expect for that price. We ordered the set menu, one with meat and one with fish. I guess the food was just very basic, bordering on plain, but well prepared and presented with a great atmosphere.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Of course Salamanca is a beautiful city with amazing atmosphere and architecture, but this was our highlight. The taste, the texture, the creativity and quality of products - everything was excellent, we had a blast! The best quality/price value. I would recommend it to everyone, especially their evening tapas and dishes. Mmmmmm...we will definitely go back to Salamanca, just for this restaurant only!

3  Thank Kokopeli_Adventure