“Beautiful hotel in the very centre of Salamanca”
Review of Room Mate Vega

Room Mate Vega
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Salamanca
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed in Vega twice, first in July 2011, then in July 2013, and certainly would stay there again. The location was just perfect, within a minute from the Plaza Mayor and a walking distance from all the sights. Not having ordered breakfast, I can't comment on it, however everything else was just perfect. The rooms are bit small, but if you order suite this problem is resolved.

Room Tip: Might be useful to order suite instead of ordinary room - the price difference is not that big, but...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
VegaDireccion, Manager at Room Mate Vega, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for telling us about your stay in Room Mate Vega.This is very helpfull to impruve.
As you say, we have different kind of rooms, and standard room is smaller than executive room and there´s no a big difference in the price, so is good to have the bigger one.
I hope to see you again in Room Mate Vega.
Room Mate Vega.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very central location close to the Plaza Mayor and the cathedral.
The staff on reception and at breakfast were excellent.
Difficult to find in a car, as the signposts on Gran Via point through some narrow bollards into a pedestrianised area.
The single rooms are very small.
The underground car park is very tight and extreme care needs to be taken in a medium size car.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
VegaDireccion, Manager at Room Mate Vega, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for your comments in TripAdvisor.
It´s true that the way to arrive the hotel sometimes is difficult to find. For this reason, we send an e-mail to all the customers we had mail with a map, explaining how to arrive the hotel. Is not possible for us to change the signals in Gran Via, because is going to change againg.
I´m sorry for the inconvenience.
I hope to see you again in Room Mate Vega.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Hotel is situated in a great central location and is a little difficult to find by car due to the system of one way streets but it is really worth the effort. The room was comfortable and the Staff most helpful. Their recommendations for Tapas Bars & Restaurants were excellent.
Parking in the Hotel underground car parking is difficult but the Hotel Manager Angela will Park it for you!
KeithR

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear customer,
Thank you very much for yours comments in TripAdvisor.
One of the most important thinks for us is to make the customers feel as a friend´s home. The only thing I did it was making you the arrival better.
Thank you very much for visiting us.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great location near Plaza Mayor on the Plaza del Mercado.
Angela (manager) and her staff were extremely helpful, agreeing to our every request. Their restaurant recommendations were excellent (suggest CAfe El Corrillo).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
VegaDireccion, Manager at Room Mate Vega, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for telling us your expirience in Room Mate Vega, and than you very much for the spetial mention to our staff. We think that the best way to travel is visiting your friends, so we try to be your "Room Mate".
I hope to see you againg in Room Mate Vega.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was my first experience with a Room-Mate hotel, and it won't be my last. I usually prefer B&Bs, but I was interested to try the Room-Mate chain. It was one of the cleanest hotel rooms I've ever come across. I thought the breakfast buffet was great, as I had heard not to expect large buffets such as in Germany. The hotel's location is great, with the Plaza Mayor just steps away, and directly across from the Mercado.

I was in a single room, and unfortunately the mattress on my bed seemed to be very old. It was soft and lumpy. I often have hip pain while sleeping so this was a problem for me. I considered moving to another hotel for my next 2 nights, but I didn't want to leave Vega. As well, I had no guarantee that another hotel's mattress would be any better. So I just took some nighttime aspirin and I was fine. The rest of the hotel seemed pretty new to me, so I was surprised that the mattress wasn't in good condition.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
VegaDireccion, Manager at Room Mate Vega, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for telling these good things about Room Mate Vega in TripAdvisor web.
Just inform you that we are changing the mattress in this last months, so it will not be a problem in the future.
I hope to see you soon in Salamanca and in Room Mate Vega.
Best Regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This would be a five star hotel if it wasn't for the noise outside. This is a common problem in Salamanca. We had trouble sleeping even with our earplugs. It is a well run hotel with great staff. Very clean and comfortable.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear customer,
Thank you very much for you telling us about your stay in Room Mate Vega.
It is very important for us making the customer feel as a friend house, for that reason, the staff work hard and explain everything the best way they know.
I hope to see you soon in Room Mate Vega.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Nothing similar to other roomates, dated rooms with no a bit of color. Room was noisy as there was a pub close to the place and you could here the people talking. Heating system is hot air that I do personally not like at all. I have been.to other roommates and are much better,colorfull, modern, this one it is not, and the price was not quite cheap just ok but not for the value in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2013
VegaDireccion, Gerente at Room Mate Vega, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for telling us about your stay in Room Mate Vega, and I´m so sorry to make you feel that way.
All Room Mate Hotels are different. Is like you go to visit a friend. We make the hotels as the city we are, so is difficult to make something, for example, like Oscar (Room Mate) in Chueca (Madrid). (the friends you visit have different houses)
If you decided to visit again, please, ask us for a quiet room to make you feel better.
Room Mate Vega