Staying at this magnificent building either you fuse into it or feel overwhelmed by its size and grandeur. One gets the feeling of being an unwelcome guest and the attitude of the personnel enhances the perception. They were aloof and rude and the service during breakfast short of peevish. This is a common problem with Paradores. The personnel feels and acts like civil servant to which you owe them a favor by staying at the premisses. This is not new, it has been an endemic problem. The parking was free and the rooms quite. Although the building is probably the most grandiose of Paradores, it lacks the human "touch", or charm such as those in Cangas the Onis or Cambados. Worth once a lifetime experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hostal de San Marcos is one of the most extraordinary historic hotels on the Old Continent. Construction of the building was begun in the 16th century, together with the bridge across the River Bernesga in the outskirts of León. It was built to house the peninsula's western headquarters for the Military Order of Saint James. The project was financed by King Ferdinand the Catholic. The magnificent hotel is a museum of stately function rooms, with a spectacular cloister and chapter house; spacious, elegant guest rooms; a library; and a wonderful restaurant that offers beautifully prepared traditional cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Parador "Hostal San Marcos" reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Leon Hotel Leon
- Parador De Leon León
- Parador De Leon Hotel León