We arrived in Leon expecting a nice hotel but were stunned by the beauty and magnificence of this amazing building.
We did not dine here as we wanted to experience the restaurants and tapas of Leon and were not disappointed.
The cost of our stay in this Parador was reasonable enough for the delightful stay in this establishment.The rooms were very good not like a stunning five star ,but in keeping with the overall ambience of this fabulous and historic old monastery.
We left with a sense of awe in the knowledge they it would be difficult to monetize an experience like this .
I would urge potential visitors to Leon to try it for themselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hostal de San Marcos is one of the most extraordinary historic hotels on the Old Continent. Construction of the building was begun in the 16th century, together with the bridge across the River Bernesga in the outskirts of León. It was built to house the peninsula's western headquarters for the Military Order of Saint James. The project was financed by King Ferdinand the Catholic. The magnificent hotel is a museum of stately function rooms, with a spectacular cloister and chapter house; spacious, elegant guest rooms; a library; and a wonderful restaurant that offers beautifully prepared traditional cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Parador "Hostal San Marcos" reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Leon Hotel Leon
- Parador De Leon León
- Parador De Leon Hotel León