All reviews local cuisine bars and restaurants main sights air conditioning perfect location other guests character building camino parking cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2016

Fantastic, central location. Spacious, immaculate bedrooms, bathrooms very clean. Helpful staff. Hotel has charm and atmosphere in the historic centre of Leon. Good value for money. Would definitely return.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2016

The Posada Regia inhabits a corner of the old town. The main building incorporates a hotel, restaurant and bar and really feels like part of old Leon, which is what it is, with modern essentials. Location is perfect, 5 minutes from the Cathedral and other main squares and streets, shops and restaurants. Rooms aren't large but big enough and comfortable. Amenities are good, we had no complaints, if you are looking for the stuff offered by a chain then go elsewhere, if you want some character then look here. The restaurant is excellent, breakfast is good, plentiful and varies, the staff friendly and helpful. There is also an annex just around the corner. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Wi-fi, in the annex at least, is only in the public area but will reach to rooms on the first floor.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank JimmyMack
Reviewed December 23, 2015 via mobile

Stayed for the night and was pleasantly surprised. Nice staff, clean large room and bathroom with full size tub. Exposed brick and wood details give the rooms and common areas a cozy feel. Attached restaurant seems good but didn't have dinner there. Id stay here again and would recommend - priced right for what you get. Nice location as well

Date of stay: December 2015
Reviewed November 26, 2015

We stayed here for two nights. When we booked in we were sent across the road and around the corner to the building and once upstairs in our room we were pleased with the spaciousness and bath in the bathroom.
The outlook was a dilapidated building however this just meant it was quiet for the room.
The breakfast was served back in the main building around the corner. This didn't matter as it was great with plenty of choice and a good stat to the day.
We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed November 25, 2015

I was walking the Camino Frances. A friend was to meet up with me in Leon. I arrived a day early and the Hotel let me check in a day early without a reservation. The location was excellent. Yes, the walls are a little thin, but what a delightful place! The service was always exceptional!!! I stayed here for 3 nights. Did I mention the location is wonderful?! The ladies at the desk were very sweet and helpful! Thank you! They helped us find good places to eat. (We ate one meal at the Hotel's restaurant and very much enjoyed it!) I hope to walk the Camino again and I hope I would be lucky enough to stay here again!

Date of stay: October 2015