See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2017

We had a poor experience at this hotel. Firstly we arrived at 3pm and the rooms weren't ready, it was 30C+ and as we were dressed in motorcycle gear, we were pretty desperate to get showered and changed. At 3.30 we were shown to our rooms so we stripped off and got into the shower, struggled as the shower head had no fixing, then found there were no towels. Hubby had to get dressed while I drip dried in the bathroom. My friends in the next room had the same experience.
The room was a little small but clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was another problem. We had paid in advance for it, but were given a price list and left to stew on it for the next 20 minutes. None of the guests seemed to have any idea what was going on, and the staff unhelpful. We were pretty desperate to get going, as we had a fair way to go before the heat of the day, so we left without breakfast in the end. Very disappointed with the treatment here.

Room tip: Find a different hotel. I wouldn't stay here again.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

Four spotless rooms adjacent to a co-operated restaurant. The reception / room access is a little confusing, but the receptionist very helpful. Breakfast at the adjoined cafeteria.

Rooms really nice - not silent as centrally located, and I'm hoping the cathedral clock has stopped at 2300hrs - but good enough.

Great value.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2016

when I saw the single room was near the lift and how noisy it was within 10 mins of being in it, I went back down to reception to ask for a different room. I was told rudely that it wouldnt be a problem at night and she couldn't help me. Well it turned out that guests used the lifts until 2:30am that night and the mechanical clanging and gears of lift were loud and horrible even with my ear plugs in. The lift started up again at 6:30am the next morning. I would not recommend this accomodation to anyone who actually wants to get some sleep.

Room tip: Don't stay in any rooms near the lift
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2016

Any closer to the Cathedral & you would be in it. The owners have sensitively restored their building to a high degree, giving it a modern feel while still being comfortable. The minimalist design of the room is in keeping with the decor throughout. The bathroom, though small worked very well and was very clean. The food is very good with frequently changing menus. Staff are friendly and helpful. Others have commented on street noise, but with good windows and effective air-con. this is not a problem. Anyway, you should expect a little noise - it's a city, people!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2016

There is a well appointed restaurant inside the Albany. I ate there twice in three days. The tourist menu was three courses with bread and wine for €16. The lady who served was pleasant and I left content. I hope she has a twin because when I returned her manner was unsmiling and unfriendly. She sniggered at the till with a young lad who she appeared to be training. I asked for the bill. After about ten minutes I went to the Reception and there was my bill. I felt that I was a nuisance there and unwelcome. Sorry Albany, I won't be recommending you and I won't be back.

Date of stay: May 2016