“mussles as aa aperitive”
Review of La Mejillonera

La Mejillonera
Ranked #38 of 426 Restaurants in Burgos
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Madrid
“mussles as aa aperitive”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you like mussles, this is the place to come to to enjoy a glass of wine with one of the racions they offer : bravas, salpicón or marinera, it´s always a good choice. At 1pm it´s often packed.

Visited November 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent tapas, great service”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This little tapas bar was really, really good. When I entered, I was a little suspicious as there are back lit photos of the food as a backdrop to the bar, and over the years I have found that places that advertise their food by photo are normally not top notch. How wrong I was here!
The tapas were excellent. I sampled the Mussels a l'escocesa and patatas bravas and really enjoyed them. Prices are really cheap and for a few euro one can feast well.
The only drawback is that there are no seats at all and after a hard days hiking, I could have done with one. But this place is excellent and I highly recommend it!

• Visited January 2013
Madrid, Spain
“One of the best patatas bravas and mussels in Burgos (by a burgalesa)”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I am originally from Burgos, although I don´t live there anyomore, anytime I go to Burgos to spend the weekend with my friends and my family, I try to go to La Mejillonera. I discovered this place more than 15 years ago and I keep going there.

Lots of locals or burgaleses have the costum to have tapas in the city centre where you will find plenty of bars. If you do not which one you should choose try La Mejillonera. The potatoes are not frozen, they are homemade and they are cooked in the kitchen all the time. The sauce is very good: the white or yellowish sauce is not alioli, it is different and very nice and the red sauce is a bit spicy, not much. If you love mussels (rich in proteins, iron, manganese, phosphorous, selenium and zinc) this is also the place to go. They have different styles of cooking the mussels: vinagreta (vinaigrette), a la escocesa (Scottish style), picantes (spicy tomato sauce) and al vapor (steamed). They also have squid fried in batter very tasty. One more nice thing to say: prices are good, tapas quite cheap.

There are not tables or seats, this is a really tapas bar and it is also a bit noisy because it is always plenty of people (apart from that we, Spaniards, are noisy ;-) )

• Visited March 2012