We stayed for a week at the Buenavista, plenty of time to find the flaws or any faults, but to be honest there were none - as good as any hotel we have stayed in.
The staff were excellent, helpful and determined to make our stay as comfortable as possible, Nothing seemed to be too much trouble whether it was snacks in the lounge, an english guide book on Toledo for the duration of our stay, or the clocking of the car parking ticket. Our bedroom was spacious, beautiful bathroom, and very comfortable King sized bed. Plenty of space for clothes storage and comfortable sofa. Large french windows opened to the courtyard below and views of the river, with evening entertainment provided by the aerobatic displays of the local bats ! The public areas and the lounge were stunning, this has to be one of the most spectacular hotel interiors in Europe.
The food was superb from the lavish breakfasts (I pass on Champagne for breakfast), with a huge range of teas and coffees and plenty of freshly squeezed orange juice.Wide choice of pastries, cooked meats, cheeses and a range of cooked breakfast foods. We dinned twice in the formal 'Don Quitoxe' restaurant - on both occasions the meals were excellent as indeed was the service. The lounge bar was also great for club sandwiches and generous drinks measures, served with its own tapas of olives and crisps.
Management showed great attention to detail -I watched a manger checking the lounge one evening - the single failed bulb was replaced by maintainance within 5 minutes.Wife tried the Spa and had the Hawai'ian massage which she found very relaxing.
Yes it is a bit out of town, but the car was safe in the underground car park, and we walked in two or three times (40 minutes as a previous reviewer noted) and indeed back from the railway station when we took a day trip to Madrid. The plus point was that it was close to the Autovia (once we had mastered the odd entrance and exit to the hotel) leading North and West so we were able to cover a swathe of Central Spain visiting Avila, Salamanca, El Escorial, Sergovia, Caceres and Trujillo.
The Buenavista is one of the World's great Hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eurostars palacio Buenavista, constructed around the former XVI century Buenavista Palace, is located just 5 minutes from the old city quarter of Toledo by the free transfer service. Based within a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hotel is situated in the perfect location for exploring all the hidden treasures that the Imperial City of Toledo has to offer. Along with the city's commercial and recreational districts, those wishing to visit the heart of Spain, the Eurostars Buenavista Toledo Hotel is also the ideal starting point from which to discover Aranjuez, Cuenca, Avila, and other points of interest near Madrid. Madrid City Centre is easily accessible via the AVE (High Speed Train), which the journey from Toledo to Madrid's Atocha Station in just 30 minutes. The city of Madrid is then yours to explore, where you can find its main museums: the Prado, the Thyssen and the Reina Sofia within walking distance.The Madrid-Barajas International Airport is a short 45 minute drive taking the AP-41 or A-42 highways; however special tariffs can be applied to airport transfers upon request ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Eurostars Palacio Buenavista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Buenavista Toledo Hotel Toledo
- Hilton International Toledo
- Hilton Toledo
- Toledo Hilton