“Very nice not convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eurostars Palacio Buenavista

Eurostars Palacio Buenavista
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Toledo
Caloocan, Caloocan, Philippines
“Very nice not convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a 5 star hotel. Room quite large with a nook with 2 seats, and a nice view too. Toilet large 1 water closet, 1 bidet, 2 lavatory, bathtub and a shower. Breakfast perfect, lot of different choices. Staff very friendly and helpful. No complain for the hotel. But the hotel is secluded. It's far from the old town. That's the down side.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PCT555
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear PCT555,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to deliver our brand promise.

Here at Hilton Buenavista Toledo we try to provide each and every guest with the best possible service so as to make their stay a memorable and pleasant one, and we feel greatly rewarded when we hear that we have succeeded in doing so.

In particular, I would like to thank you for your positive feedback relating to our Breakfast Buffet and our staff. I will communicate it to the rest of the team as I know this will motivate them even further.

Thanking you once more sharing your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community, I hope we will be able to welcome you back into our property in the future.

Hilton Buenavista Toeldo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel clearly has a number of good reviews which certainly influenced my decision to stay there. I'm so sad to have to write about disappointing experience.

Let me first cover the good points. The hotel is conveniently located (if extremely difficult to find) – it's modern, clean, and the staff did make a very attempt to be friendly and provide good service ... but my complaint is a very simple one and would have been so easy to put right.

Having made a six hour journey on our way back to Madrid we deliberately chose a hotel that advertised an outdoor pool. We was so disappointed and we arrived to find that although the temperatures were in the high 20s the pool was closed because it was officially winter! (on the 5th of October) .. Let me be clear, though the disappointment was huge – I was certainly more than happy to "put that down to experience" and enjoy the rest of what is without doubt a very pleasant building in some very pleasant surroundings .. After all, there was apparently an indoor pool. UNFORTUNATELY the cost of using the indoor pool or "SPA" is some €20 each that's a total of €40 for my wife and I .. On top of what is not an in-expensive room, or an in-expensive breakfast, or lunch or just about anything else.

I complained – politely to the staff (who were very helpful and told me that I've certainly wasn't the first person who had complained about this experience at this time of the year) .. But when the complaint went to management it seemed to hit a dead end. "Sorry, the pool is closed, and the cost is as advertised to use the spa"..

I have written to Hilton honours who forwarded my complaint to the hotel – I had no response, I wrote again, Hilton honours told me that the hotel had apparently replied – they hadn't – I complained again they then replied basically telling me that the €40 charge remains .. Because the pool was closed, because it was winter etc etc etc, – THAT'S not the point .. The point is I'm so disappointed at having been charged for using an indoor pool!!!

I live in a major city in northern England – there are three health clubs within approximately 1 mile of my home, each offering a "spa" or more it's no great thrill for me to use an indoor pool with a cold shower, Steam room and a Sauna! and I certainly object to being charged €40 for the privilege when I've already paid for a hotel room!

Once you've been treated in such a way you tend to notice the other things, the beds are far too hard! A common complain in European hotels, the courtesy shuttle is useful BUT apparently only when PRE Booked (and nobody bothers to tell you that) for when it turned up at 9:30 as advertised – it was FULL ... so taxi to Toledo – which is absolutely charming by the way.

So Dear Hilton Buenavista Vista Toledo – I will NEVER darken your doors again – I will choose to stay at any Hilton except yours .. In fact, Hilton is now gone down my preferred choice of hotels .. (although the Madrid airport Hilton was excellent) – .. Move over Hilton it's Marriot turn to get to share of my leisure dollar .. sorry pound.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank no1manufan
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear no1manufan,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share a detailed opinion of our Hotel with the Tripadvisor community.

Here at Hilton Buenavista Toledo we make it our goal to provide the best possible service to each and every one of our guests and we are very sorry to hear that we were unable to do so in your case.

Relating to your comments about the outdoor swimming pool, I would first of all like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Unfortunately, the availability of this service does not entirely depend on us. Local legislation is in charge of issuing pool permits to the relevant facilities with a mandatory closing date all pools have to comply with. Here in Toledo, that date is the 15th of September, after which, for insurance and safety reasons, we are not allowed to maintain the service.

Our indoor pool is in fact part of our Spa centre. I am sorry to hear that you were displeased with it not being included in the room rates. I would like to inform you that our Spa is quite different from those found in gymnasiums. It is the largest in Castilla-la-Mancha with a total of 1500 square metres of installations. It includes 4 different saunas inspired by geographic climate of different countries, a large indoor pool with relaxation area including drinks and a terrace with view to end the Spa experience. Aside from that, it also includes a steam room with frozen pool, 7 different types of showers ranging from a simple ice bucket to a chromotherapy shower. Finally, we also include two private suites with saunas, steam rooms and a pool, a gymnasium open 24/7, a hairdresser and 10 private massage rooms for all sorts of available treatments. This is why our Spa service is not included in room rates and is charged separately.

I would like to thank you for the information you have provided to us as I assure you we are taking it into account in order to improve our Hotel.

Once more, thank you for the valuable feedback you’ve provided us with,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

The title of the review is a poor pun on “Three musketeers” but truly, this property makes 3 mistakes. I loved my stay there, so I am pointing out the mistakes as a friend.

1) Title: It should not be called Hilton and called Waldorf Astoria. It has everything that I have seen any Waldorf around the world deliver and more.

2) Rates: Who doesn't love to get a deal? So they should offer the deals now and again but if they increase the rates slightly, the connoisseurs of luxury travel would not blithely pass them by. I am planning a stay next year, so you are welcome to implement my suggestion, after I am done staying!

3) Targets: It is so close to the highway and roads in Spain are so good and so easy to navigate that this Hilton is not a Toledo hotel but can be used to explore the whole area around Madrid. It is easily possible due to the ring roads. And this Hilton beats many five stars in Madrid hands down.

Here is the brief summation of our stay. We were going to fly out of Madrid so we stayed the night prior. Rooms very so clean that it reminded me of my place of work! ( A hospital). We got upgraded, that helped too. Spa was perfect. The decor of the public areas was both opulent and soothing at the same time. Staff was flawless.

Location:

For Toledo: It is a shuttle ride away. But shuttle worked well for us. The view from the vantage point is very good. Means, Greco might not have painted a view from here but he would have paused to consider it. If you have to be in the middle of action in Toledo, then this won’t work but if you don’t mind a shuttle ride, then 8 minutes would you put amidst efficient luxury.

On week-day mornings, the traffic gets little heavy near Madrid Barajas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear ravigodse,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing such a positive comment of your stay here on Tripadvisor.

At Hilton Buenavista Toledo we focus on delivering the best possible service to all our guests each and every day, and it is greatly rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in doing so.

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and suggestions. We give high importance to such information as it always helps us further improving our establishment. In particular, I have taken note of your comment relating to packages and special prices. Our Marketing department works on creating special deals for our guests that can include Spa circuits or treatments, included parking and many other possibilities. I will communicate your opinion to this department so they can work keeping that in mind.

I am delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable, and most of all I would like to thank you for the comment regarding cleanliness. I will communicate it to the Housekeeping department as I know they will be more than glad to hear it.

Once again, thank you for your faith in the Hilton brand and your very positive comments,

Hoping to welcome you back into our Hotel in the near future,

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We usually prefer to stay at non-branded boutique hotels, if possible, but the selection in Toledo wasn't that large. Not luxurious but our room was large and looked out over the pool (too cold to use) and the hills beyond. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the shuttle into the old town center was all we needed. We ate in the bar, actually lobby area, our last night there, and had all we needed for dinner, a delicious bowl of green gazpacho and a glass of wine.

Room Tip: The hotel's location is outside of town so there's not much noise to worry about.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Winehen,

Thank you for sharing your opinion of us on Tripadvisor. It is our main source of improvement here at Hilton Buenavista Toledo.

Our goal is to offer the very best possible service to each and every one of our guests and we feel greatly rewarded when we succeed in doing so.

I am especially glad to hear that you've enjoyed our facilities and amenities. As you mentioned, our shuttle service is designed to make our guests' stay as effortless as possible.

I would also like to thank you for your remarks relating to the Lobby bar service. I will communicate your motivating feedback to the rest of team who will be happy to hear that they were able to maintain our brand promise.

I hope I will be able to welcome you back to our property in the near future,

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This Hilton is somewhat surprising to find in Toledo. It is modern, efficient and of high level. It is located 5 minutes away from the old part of the city and occupies large grounds. it is clearly organized for conventions, seminars and corporate events. It has everything you want and may need. It's only inconvenience is its location. The. hotel compensates well by offering free shuttles to and from the Old City.
Loved the hotel and would go back there...for a convention.

Room Tip: Only if you want to feel as if you were at home in Phoenix, Sacramento or Atlanta.
1 Thank Boubou60_12
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Boubou60_12,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to make your stay a comfortable and pleasant one. That is our main goal. As you said, we do have all the facilities to accommodate large business groups and regularly do so. We would more than glad to welcome you again for such an event, and our Events&Sales department can help you throughout the whole process.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the motivation you bring with your feedback,

Monmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel in August 2012 and were very impressed and our feedback on TripAdvisor reflected this. We then went back in October 2013 with more of our family (upon our recommendation) ......... well what a disappointment. The weather was warm when we arrived (25c) but the outdoor pool had been closed the previous month (we knew this before we arrived). There were subsequently no sun loungers available as they were locked away in the pool area. The Spa (which also has outdoor sun loungers) was fully booked for the afternoon/evening so we could not access this area either. That evening we also discovered the English speaking channels on the TV were not working neither was the film channel. As we like to start our day with the breakfast news and then in the evening watch a film, this was a miss especially as there was a very rowdy wedding in the hotel and the lounge was far too noisy to sit in. This situation was not rectified during our 3 night stay. Then on our final evening we ordered a late night snack........ 4 Mini chicken burgers. We had already eaten 2 of them when we discovered the minced chicken was raw (not just pink..... raw!). We highlighted this to the waiter, returning the remaining fully in tact burger, wherein he apologised and offered to replace it. I declined the replacement as I was more concerned about the 2.5 raw burgers we had already inadvertently eaten. He brought a replacement anyway! That night I sent an email to the Manager highlighting these issues. Upon checking out the following morning the receptionist stated the Manager had seen my email and had agreed to take 30 euros from the bill. Upon then speaking to the Manager personally, he advised me that the weather is variable at this time of year hence the unavailability of loungers, the TV situation was out of his control as managed by a TP company and inferred that our dislike for raw chicken may be have been down to personal taste and probably perfectly acceptable to others. He was obviously intent on not validating any of our concerns or recognising that things could have been done differently. To add insult to injury he rescinded the 30 euro reduction in our bill and informed the receptionist to change this to 5 euros as he was only prepared to cover the fully uneaten chicken burger. I was so appalled by this insult that I declined this and paid the bill in full. So perhaps it is true........ You should never go back as one very pleasant memory has now been replaced by a very unpleasant and distasteful one.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Janene B
Dear BurrisFamily,

First of all, let me thank you for your valuable feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory, but your comments are important for us to improve and I am glad you shared them.

As you mentioned, our pool closes the 15th of September according to local legislation, and as of now we are not allowed to open it for longer. We are working hand in hand with the Toledo Town Hall to find a way to extend this period.

I am especially sorry to hear that you were unable to use our Spa facilities. Unfortunately, the Hotel had a very high occupancy due to a wedding taking place. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I am currently in contact with the Spa department to ensure that there were no other incidents that may have worsened the situation.

Furthermore, I assure you I am reviewing our late-night room service menu and am sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. I sincerely hope you will be able to enjoy the changes you helped achieve in a future stay at Hilton Buenavista Toledo,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Were there for 2 nights with my family. The hotel is very nice, rooms superbly and brkfst very good. Whilst not in the center, shuttle service worked very well. Only small remark would be that the service efficiency in the bar area could be improved. But overall very good, would defenitely good back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear theoneandonlyArnold,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor.

Here at Hilton Buenavista Toledo we give high importance to guest feedback as it is our main source of improvement. It helps us achieve the best possible service every day.

I am especially glad to hear that you enjoyed our Continental Buffet Breakfast and our shuttle service. We always try to offer the most comfortable and effortless experience to each and every one of our guests.

I have taken your feedback regarding the lobby service into account and I am currently reviewing the situation with our waitering staff to ensure a constant availability of waiters in the lobby bar area.

Once again, I would to thank you for your motivating feedback,