“Elegant hotel in a very special city”

Eurostars Palacio Buenavista
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Toledo
Quebec City, Canada
“Elegant hotel in a very special city”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

There is no other place to stay in Toledo, this is a wonderful hotel with very comfortable rooms. The pool is out of this world, and the staff is very accommodating and helpful. Food at the restaurants need to be improved, perhaps a few typical Spanish dishes would help, there is nothing to let the guest know they are in Spain. Very blah menu. But the rest of the hotel is lovely. The bar-lounge is excellent (music on weekends would be welcome) and the bartender there is very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Francine C,

Thank you for having taken a few moments to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. At Hilton Buenavista Toledo, it is our aim to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is a great pleasure to know when we do so.

First and foremost, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by your Restaurant experience. I am sorry to hear that our menu was not to your liking. I can assure you that we offer Spanish specialty dishes such as our Pumpkin and Sausage Risotto and our Fried Bull's Tail in our Toledana and Quixote Restaurants.
Our Lobby menu is more based on a Continental Lunch which includes varieties of dishes that are not from any particular culinary background. I apologise for not having informed you and I assure you that we will take your remarks into account.

Again, thank you for letting me know about your experience and I am sure you will find an improvement on your next visit to our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Toledo and the Hilton Buenavista in the near future.

Hilton Buenavista Toledo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Yes, it is quite expensive. But here it is top class all the way.
Big stylish room with a wonderful bathroom. And everything worksl.
The choices for dinner could be improved, but what was served was of a high standard.
The reception was efficient and nice.

The wooden floor surrounding the pool needs to be serviced. It looks shabby.

We would go there again if ever in Toledo

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Livsnyterne,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on Tripadvisor.

Here at Hilton Buenavista Toledo we try to provide you with the best possible service in the best possible facilities, and we feel rewarded when we succeed in doing so, hence why I would like to thank you for your positive feedback which I will share with the rest of the staff.

I am glad to hear that our facilities, in particular the pool, were to your liking. I would like to apologise for the condition of the wooden floor in the pool area. I am currently in contact with the Maintenance team who will review the facility and improve it in accordance with your comment.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and apologise for the details which were less satisfactory, of which I am sure you will see a clear improvement on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our property on your next stay.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed September 11, 2013

we stayed in the Hilton Toledo for 5 nights.the hotel is pure luxury.the rooms are very large,clean with excellent air conditioning.the breakfast was really nice. the pool was the best.and the prices were cheaper then most of the hotels in town.the free mini bus into town was great.hope to return again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear angela m,

Thank you for having taken time to send a review of your stay at the Hilton Buenavista Toledo. We take the feedback we get from our guests at Tripadvisor very seriously. Because it is our aim to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is a great pleasure to know when we do so.

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for such nice comments. I am particularly glad to hear that you would like to come again and I can assure you that we will yet again do everything possible to make your next stay a memorable one.

Kind Regards,

Alfreton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Access to the Hotel is very good, with good parking in the underground facilities ( albeit at quite a price )

We arrived at the Hotel on a very very hot day during Aug, despite arriving at well past the earliest book in time our room wasn't prepared .. we had to wait in the lounge area complete with bags...no complimentary drinks were offered ..

After about an hour I had to go up to the reception desk and ask if our room was ready.. no one had come to tell us that it was !! A very poor start to the stay

The room was clean and well laid out..no bathrobes in room and we had to ask for these..

The breakfast was very good with efficient and friendly service, We had a snack on evening and found the quality of the food very poor and very expensive for what was provided..So we never actually used the Hotel for a main meal after this other than the excellent buffet breakfasts..

The shuttle bus ( which only houses 6 occupants ) was always booked when we needed it,and only seemed to run every 2 hours ! so we resorted to a taxi ride into town about 8 euros
Toledo is a very splendid city with lots of sights.. Luckily there are plenty of nice Tapas bars and restaurants to eat so didn't feel the need to trouble the Hotel for food,

Being hot we used the pool facilities on a couple of days and found them very pleasant with lots of comfortable sunbeds and a good bar service.. Just be careful of the black painted decking that burns the soles of naked feet !!

The hotel is excellently decorated and laid out..The internet connection only works in the public areas, you have to pay to receive it in your room which is a bit galling..

So to sum up, a lovely Hotel, just let down on a few points..the wait for our room really getting us of on the wrong foot

Room Tip: Eat out, Remember to factor in the Taxi fares as the shuttle bus is too small and a sporadic service...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lomoto
Dear Lomoto,

First and foremost, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced relating to your room. I am currently in contact with Guest Services and I can assure you that it was an isolated incident that will not repeat itself.

Furthermore, I am sorry to hear that our restaurants services were unsatisfactory. Our providers allow us to offer a high quality of meals cooked with the best ingredients. I would like to apologise for the disappointing snack you had during the evening. I am currently following up on this issue to understand the details of that day’s service.

Again, thank you for letting me know about your experience and I am sure you will find an improvement on your next visit to our hotel thanks to the invaluable input you provided.

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is the premier hotel in Toledo, excellent in every way! If you want to visit Toledo and not stay in the middle of this small city, by all means go to this excellent Hilton. The rooms are large and comfortable with every possible amenity. The pool is lovely, the lounge bar is excellent and it is not at all far from Toledo, perhaps ten minutes taxi ride. The restaurants are elegant and the food is good but not to the level of other first class hotels, perhaps because we went to dinner at the Quixote on a Monday when it was the chef's day off. Some of the food was very salty.
The view from our view into the river was breathtaking. We thoroughly recommend this hotel when visiting Toledo.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view to the Tajo river!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear BB1938,

Thank you for taking the time to send a review of your stay at the Hilton Buenavista Toledo.

We are very pleased to know that we achieved our aim of exceeding your expectations and offering an unforgettable experience during your stay. We strive to provide a unique experience and I am glad that you fully enjoyed the different services of our hotel, from the Pool facilities to the comfort and beauty of a Hilton room.

I can assure you I am following up on your comments regarding the Food & Beverages service and I hope you will be able to enjoy the clear improvement you have helped achieve on your next trip.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Toledo and the Hilton Buenavista in the near future.

Concord, NH
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Since we were driving on this trip we wanted to make sure we had easy parking options. Also, since this was August, we wanted to have pool access. This hotel was our choice because of these reasons. If we were not driving, or did not want a pool I don't know if I would have stayed here.

The hotel was nice and was at one time an old palace. The rooms and bathrooms were really large and nicely furnished. The beds and pillows were "European Firm" and even the pillows off of the pillow menu were less than desirable. Toledo in August is hot. Visiting the city in the morning is much cooler and after some lunch we headed back to the hotel for some poolside relaxation. We would than take a nap and wake up for the Spanish 9pm dinner.

In August, even the 9pm temperature is quite warm. We ended up eating in the city one night, but decided to have dinner at the hotel the second night. Our first choice was dinner on the patio, but unfortunately (and luckily) they were booked, so we had dinner inside the air conditioned restaurant. The food was better than expected. We had the Gazpacho for the starter and Grilled Monk fish for the meal.

The hotel was a great deal but it was much like a cruise ship where they made a lot of extra money with everything they could. The cost for the pool towels, parking, drinks by the pool, and meals far exceeded the cost of the room. This is not a complaint, but one should be aware that all of the items they sell are quite expensive.

For a quick stop in Toledo, this hotel served a great purpose for us. I don't know if I would want to spend my whole vacation here, but two nights was fine. The pool and pool deck were great - but be careful of the dark wood deck since it will singe your feet! The water was cool and refreshing - probably due to the evaporation and constant replenishment of water required. If it were not for the pool I think we would have been a bit disappointed.

A taxi ride into town cost about 8 euros, which I know some people complain about; however, the alternative is to drive one self and watch what you drink or to take the hotel shuttle. We did inquire about the shuttle, but it seemed to be booked at the best times, so the earliest we can get into Toledo was at 1pm. I figure this is my vacation and what is 16, or even 32 euros over a course of a day for transportation. I would rather pay and get what I want than try to get free and be inconvenienced.

So, overall I would suggest this hotel for a great break from the heat of Toledo and the convenience of the parking and the location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tango313
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Tango313,

Here at Hilton Buenavista Toledo we try to provide you with the best possible service, and we feel rewarded when we succeed in doing so, hence why I would like to thank you for your positive feedback which I will share with the rest of the staff.

I am glad to hear that our facilities, in particular the pool, were to your liking. We offer the best possible relaxation opportunities for our guests.

Alas, I am sorry to hear that our shuttle transport caused some inconvenience. I am currently in the process of improving this service in order to guarantee our guests don't have to compromise or choose between the shuttle and a taxi.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our property on your next stay.

Until then,

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for 3 nights in Toledo and it was delightful! The hotel room is immaculate, very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The rooms are huge and the whole of the decor was really nice. All the staff were very pleasant, helpful and always happy to assist.
I found the breakfast really nice, with a lot of variety! The breakfast staff were also very friendly and inviting. The staff at the Quixote restaurant were lovely too!
The spa was very nice and clean as well as Celene, the Spa receptionist was very friendly and helpful. It was very calming and a great experience!
The pool area is also really clean with picturesque views.
The only downside I have for the hotel is that it is not very close to anything, especially the main town. You have to get a taxi to the main town, there is a minibus but the service is quite infrequent.

Apart from that, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I would love to stay again! The staff should be recommended for excellent service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jade P,

Thank you for having taken a few moments to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

At Hilton Buenavista Toledo, it is our aim to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is a great pleasure to know when we do so. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to offer you a memorable experience. I will communicate your nice remarks to the rest of staff who will be delighted to hear them.

I am particularly happy that you enjoyed our Spa, which we try to maintain as one of the most attractive facilities of our Hotel, with its’ Thermal Circuit designed to offer the most peaceful relaxation possible.