“Ideal location and good value!”

and 1 more site!
La Posada de Manolo
Ranked #1 of 26 Specialty Lodging in Toledo
“Ideal location and good value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

強力推薦 ! 位置很優員工又非好的飯店, 價格也很實惠. 古色古香的 16 世紀建築新整修, 很有氣氛, 就在大教堂旁邊, 走路到商店雲集的 Zocodover 廣場也很近, 2 歐元早餐什麼都有物超所值, 頂樓的早餐專用餐廳還可以看到老城風景. 一定要先預訂, 容易客滿.
It's very close to The Cetradal and a easy walking distance to Zocodover Plaza where you can find the tourism train (a must try). The breakfast cost 2 euro and worthy because you got almost everything (juice,coffee, milk, ham, cheese, bread, toast, cake, yougurt, fruit, cereal and dried fruit) and the beautiful view from top floor.
I must mention the staff, they are the most friendly and smilly people I met. They look always happy to help and always willing to carry my luggage (which is rare when I travel in Spain) Especially the lovely elder lady who serve breakfast and do the room cleanning. She is just like an angel !

Room Tip: The rooms with twin beds are bigger. The rooms at underground floor can be humid sometimes
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New haven, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed solo in this small hotel around the corner from the cathedral....an entertaining 5 euro taxi ride thru the narrow winding streets from the train station. Location is excellent...whenever I was lost (which was frequently and actually part of Toledo's charm) I saw the cathedral spires and easily navigated back to hotel. My email interactions w/ hotel were answered promptly. I speak no Spanish and all the staff were helpful to me. I had a 2 bed ground floor room that was good sized but lacked adequate bedside tables. The bathroom was typically European and tiny. Breakfast fare on the rooftop terrace was average; prepackaged pastries accompanied by cheeses, deli meats, bread for toast, and fruit. Coffee was good.
Pros: location...location..location
price: under $55/night for twin bedded room
staff: friendly, gave good restaurant recs and good directions
WiFi fast and free
rooftop terrace: sat here at night and admired the golden lights of cathedral and ate breakfast to strains of "Ave Maria" from a cathedral wedding as the swallows flew over spires; just an amazing view!!! Can see over town towards distant plains as well.
Cons: AC was spotty and room air was stale....leaving french doors open allowed traffic noise
Bathroom was clean but tiny (I am 5'3' and my knees hit door when seated; turning in shower, my elbows would knock into temperature controls!); poor lighting (couldn't apply make-up in here)
Poor lighting in room....bulbs were dim
TV tiny but I didn't use
Overall, I would stay here again as I enjoyed the history of the hotel and its religious themed rooms (I was in the Moorish blacksmith's room...although the iron weights and chain on the ceiling were a teeny S&M like!) as well as the rooftop terrace for drinks//views....and its great location!!

Room Tip: If solo, pay the extra 5 euros for a second bed for space. Don't forget to go up to rooftop bef...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CT5kids
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Nice place in a very central location. Friendly helpful staff and a decent breakfast. Nothing to fault that they have control over - but - and it's a big but:

The local authority (apparantly) insist that the air conditioning is turned off at around 0100 or 0200 in the morning to prevent the noise of te esternal AC units. If you're staying there when the temperature is in the high 30's it can be a major issue - it certainly was for us. I couldn't return there in that temperature again.

With AC working it would be a 'Very Good'

Room Tip: If you need AC, you may have to think again.
1 Thank David S
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here one night, a family of 5. We were given 2 rooms, reasonably priced. All emails responded to quickly. Hotel easy to find, near cathedral. Directions to hotel were spot on. Were given great dining recommendations. Hotel had a lot of old world charm. Breakfast was just ok, but not worth lessening rating. Loved Toledo and loved hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank melissa m
Silver Spring, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

First I'll start off that I am a tough grader on hotels. I mostly like modern with all the bells and whistles. The staff was wonderful and nice, and helpful. Front desk constantly monitored. Getting a taxi to and from train station was easy. TV was very small (I like my TV, what can I say). Bathroom was small (but if you want charm and clean over large, it is fine). Breakfast was adequate (mainly just prepared fast stuff to eat, nothing fancy, ran out of cheese one day). Wifi, though was probably the best and easiest out of all hotels we stayed at in Toledo. Bed was hard and uncomfortable for me.

HOWEVER... you can't beat the price and convenience of location.
Overall, I felt it was a very good choice for the price and location.

Room Tip: Unsure what to say, I don' think we had a choice
Lancashire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you want a hotel that is packed with character then this is the place for you. Our room was spacious and even had its own private little courtyard! Staff keep the hotel spotlessly clean and each room is themed which adds to the interest. We felt at home there the moment we arrived and after our 5-night stay we just didn't want to go home. The continental breakfast is excellent value and everything that you would want is available- fruit, yogurt, cereal, breads, cold meats, cheese, pastries, juice, teas and good coffee. The views from the breakfast room and outdoor patio area, which is situated on the top floor, are stunning. There is nothing better than watching swallows (loads of them!) flit around the nearby buildings and the cathedral. I'm sure we will return to Toledo and when we do we will certainly stay here. There is absolutely nothing negative that I can say about the hotel except to say thank you for a fabulous stay. We booked via Booking.com and this site provided us with this lovely hotel at a very reasonable price

1 Thank heather A
Silver Spring, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was very pleased with this place. It is only a block from the cathedral. The staff was very helpful. The decor is very Toledo appropriate. The price was very good. The breakfast was good and the view from the breakfast room was wonderful.

That said, it would have been nice to have a room safe. But I highly recommend this place.

1 Thank GaryInSilverSpring