“Yummy and generous. Good for vegetarians.”

La Malquerida de la Trinidad
Ranked #59 of 509 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I cannot understand why others have given negative reviews of this quirky little restaurant. We enjoyed it so much, we came back three times. I am a vegetarian and had a big range of options to choose from, including salads as mains, pastas, soups, pizzas and tostados. I have struggled in some restaurants in Spain, where if you don’t eat some variation of pig meat, or seafood, you are sweet out of luck. My husband is not vegetarian and he was equally happy here. Warning the portion sizes are huge, so order conservatively. The pizzas are big enough for three people. Even the tostados were really big. The two course lunch deals with starter, mains, including accompanying wine and coffee or tea to finish are excellent value. We found the staff friendly and efficient all three vIsits, and had different wait staff each time. This place is casual, off beat and quirky in decor. Location is great, close to the cathedral and it stays open during siesta hours.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food wasn’t fresh or good, the waitresses didn’t explained us the menu ingredients and once we got our food and explained it tasted bad we didn’t receive any other option. Very bad service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We wandered in, and. Were given an bilingual menu — not always the best sign of an authentic restaurant, but every table was full and 100% were speaking Spanish. We ordered two beers (very good) the cold cut platter, and a spinach salad with cheese: we shared.

The salad was very nice: super-fresh greens, local cheese (excellent) and a delicious olive oil and pesto dressing on the side. The cold cut platter with four different what-we-call-salamis, and bread was immense and delicious; we ended up sharing half with the family seated next to us with all of us having a lot of fun.

Service was prompt and thoughtful.

Our server spoke very good English and was sweet and helpful beyond belief. I wish I remembered her name.

The bill seemed appropriate for the food and ambience (and fun) we enjoyed.

We would go back in a second.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After 2 days in Madrid we arrived in Toledo almost night. The hotel gave us a map with some suggestions to eat but as we passed by the Cathedral we found this place! Good service nice music. We just wanted a salad and we got it here... Simply delicious

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

Probably the worst food I had so far. I knew that I was about to eat frozen and bad quality food but I was not expecting this service either. I had a pizza and a dirty smelly burger. The attached photo is “prosciutto” pizza where it is just a normal ham & cheese. When I asked the waitresses just in case they were mistaken, they told me prosciutto is ham, the pizza ham & cheese so we call it prosciutto and cheese! Wtf?

Anyway! Try to stay away of this place! I wish I just had a pizza from the supermarket instead

1  Thank christinan42