“unexpected gem”

Alqahira Rincon de Oriente
Ranked #5 of 418 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: Egyptian, Middle Eastern
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It is three years old and lovely, great Halal food, and in the heart of the old city of Toledo Spain. The best service and attention we had in central Spain. Parking Santo Tome, less than 50 m. far from rastaurant. Parkig address: Santa Ursula St. Nº 9, openned 24 hours. We serve no alkoholic drinks.
Parcent, Spain
“unexpected gem”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

very relaxed, cosy place to eat, not like some of the toledo places in the tourist trap. food was delicious and very well presented,the service was excellent, all in all a wonderful and memorable experiance.

• Visited August 2013
Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
I´d like to express my thanks for your lovely words and positive opinion of alqahira.

• Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a gem!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was not aware that this restaurant featured on TripAdvisor but I can understand why. My daughter went there for lunch during a visit to Toledo. The food was beautifully presented and very tasty. The owner was delightful, friendly and knowledgeable and explained the different choices on the menu with suggestions about how they should be eaten. It was a haven of tranquility in a very busy, hot Toledo.

• Visited August 2013
I can´t but thanking you for your nice review and wish you the best.
birmingham
“Wonderful food, wonderful service”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were so impressed and delighted. The food is delicious and our helpul, friendly waiter, who I think was the owner, advised about combinations and happily adjusted portion sizes because we all wanted to try each others dishes. He explained how the food was prepared and usually eaten and each course was beautifully presented. The hibiscus and mint drinks were surprising, subtle and refreshing.

I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough.

• Visited July 2013
Thanks a lot for your great words and wish you the best you deserve.
Vancouver, Canada
“Surprisingly good Middle Eastern Fare!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I hail from an area of Canada (originally) that has a great deal of quality middle eastern food - Montreal. I had seen the reviews on TA for Alqahira and my wife and I decided to give it a try for lunch while visiting Toledo.

The owner is a friendly and gentle man who was more than helpful and very conversant (when we engaged him) with us. He is very proud of his establishment - and it shows. He acts as literal waiter, cook, cleaner, and bottle washer - with only one behind the scenes assistant.

There are only 7 or 8 choices on the menu - and I am sure you cannot go wrong with any of them. We ordered the salad (only one), which was fresh and tasty. After which we received the falafel and the chicken kabob sandwich. The falafel was good, but the chicken is not to be missed. One of the most notable things that we enjoyed was the mint tea. It is prepared with crushed ice (to the consistency of a slushie) and it was unique and truly memorable.

Treat him well, get there early (only 5 or 6 tables) and enjoy! Remember, as he is an observant Muslim, he has no alcohol on premises - so if you are looking for beer or wine with your meal, you will have to go elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013
Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks for your lovely words as well as for your visit.
Portland, Maine
“comida excelente”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for a midday meal in Toledo. It was wonderful. The atmosphere was lovely and relaxing, the service was great, and the food was really good. We had falafel and chicken kabobs. The falafel was not quite as good as what we had in Granada, but still very good. My favorite thing was the iced tea I got -- green tea with mint served "granizado" style (frozen like a slurpy) It was not too sweet and really refreshing.

• Visited July 2013
I do thank you for expressing your positive opinion of us through this nice review.