“One of the best meals we had in our four country tour.”
Review of Alqahira Rincon de Oriente - CLOSED

Alqahira Rincon de Oriente
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It is three years old and lovely, great Halal food, and in the heart of the old city of Toledo Spain. The best service and attention we had in central Spain. Parking Santo Tome, less than 50 m. far from rastaurant. Parkig address: Santa Ursula St. Nº 9, openned 24 hours. We serve no alkoholic drinks.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This restaurant is a little gem tucked away in a little corner of Toledo. The food was amazing, the decor authentic and beautiful and the service perfect. The owner was charming and really made our visit fun. I can't recommend this restaurant enough.

Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Permit me to express you how thankful I fell for your nice review and lovely words.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

On our last night, after walking up and down (and up... And down...) the narrow streets of Toledo all day, my mother and I were ready for a rest. We decided to check out a neat and tidy-looking little restraurant around the corner from the cathedral, and were pleasantly surprised by both the friendliness of the owner and the tastiness of the meal. We started with glasses of Karkadé, a hibiscus herbal tea so tasty that I bought two bags to take away as a souvenier. On to the Nile Delta Salad, which combined fresh tomatoes, herbs, and olive oil with a delicious creamy feta dressing, followed by Hauauchi, toasted pitas stuffed with perfectly seasoned beef and served with little dishes of sesame cream to spoon in as you like. After dinner, we opted for the decaf black tea with ginger and cinnamon, and some tasty little bite-sized baklavas. Including the bagged teas, our total for the meal was 40€, and the owner spent a few minutes chatting with us about or trip as we left; he was a supremely humble and pleasant gentleman. If I lived in Toledo, I would be a regular here for sure. JUST A NOTE: Don't be put off by the size of the menu - yes, there are only 8 items, but they enable your lovely host to give you a whole rundown of your options without talking your ear off. Trust me, it's worth the walk!

1  Thank gigivarnum

Can´t do but thanking you for your review as well as for your visit. I do wish you the best.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

On our last night in Spain, we decided to depart from the usual tapas that we've chosen most other evenings and go with the Trip Advisor recommendation. We were not disappointed. This is a very well-run and high quality restaurant, with top class middle eastern food and wonderful, home-made teas. The owner takes a personal interest in guests, explains each dish and how best to consume it, and then gives advice on which of his many teas may suit your taste and mood. It's a diamond in the rough amongst a bunch of pretty standard tourist traps in the old city, so worth trying out if you want some good cuisine, deserts and delicious teas. Good price too.

Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

I usually respond yhe reviews as soon as I can, but I got trouble last 10 days, first personal ones, and almost at the same time I was obliged to close for 5 days, as a consequence of a third sabotage in the toilets of my restaurant in less than a year , which made me busey. Thanks a lot for everything. Regards.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Everything about this restaurant worked for me. Considering the history of Toledo and its Persian influences, this restaurant is the perfect compliment to the whole of Toledo. My wife and I shared the kebabs, samosas and chawerma. Everything was cooked to perfection. Our host was very gracious and warm. There is almost a zen-master like quality about him that's very relaxing. Thois restaurant is a definite must eat. If I had stayed longer than 1 day, I would have gone back again.

Many thanks for your nice review and above all for visiting us in alqahira, where you, and people like you, will be always welcome. My best wishes.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had lunch today in this small Middle East restaurant a few short blocks from the Cathedral. The owner, waiter, bar tender is a sheer delight. The decor is distinctly Mid-East. The food is all house made with distinctly beautiful sauces and impeccable presentations. The not too large menu has lots of vegetarian options and all of the meat is Halal (Kosher). They even have a wonderful selection of teas and infusions. If you are looking for a reprieve from Spanish food in Toledo, this is the place.

I´m sorry for not answering before, but I didn´t feel good last 10 days. Anyhow, I´d just like to thank you for your kindness and your pretty words.