“One of the best meals I had in Spain”

Alqahira Rincon de Oriente
Ranked #5 of 418 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: Egyptian, Middle Eastern
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It is three years old and lovely, great Halal food, and in the heart of the old city of Toledo Spain. The best service and attention we had in central Spain. Parking Santo Tome, less than 50 m. far from rastaurant. Parkig address: Santa Ursula St. Nº 9, openned 24 hours. We serve no alkoholic drinks.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best meals I had in Spain”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Everything about this restaurant worked for me. Considering the history of Toledo and its Persian influences, this restaurant is the perfect compliment to the whole of Toledo. My wife and I shared the kebabs, samosas and chawerma. Everything was cooked to perfection. Our host was very gracious and warm. There is almost a zen-master like quality about him that's very relaxing. Thois restaurant is a definite must eat. If I had stayed longer than 1 day, I would have gone back again.

• Visited May 2013
Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Many thanks for your nice review and above all for visiting us in alqahira, where you, and people like you, will be always welcome. My best wishes.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tucson, Arizona
“A Culinary Oasis In Toledo”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had lunch today in this small Middle East restaurant a few short blocks from the Cathedral. The owner, waiter, bar tender is a sheer delight. The decor is distinctly Mid-East. The food is all house made with distinctly beautiful sauces and impeccable presentations. The not too large menu has lots of vegetarian options and all of the meat is Halal (Kosher). They even have a wonderful selection of teas and infusions. If you are looking for a reprieve from Spanish food in Toledo, this is the place.

• Visited May 2013
I´m sorry for not answering before, but I didn´t feel good last 10 days. Anyhow, I´d just like to thank you for your kindness and your pretty words.
preston
“Enjoyable Evening”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Delightful food and a pleasant evening. After two very tasty starters, we shared three items between the two of us, a salad, a chicken kebab and some somosas. These were delicious.
The hibiscus tea was very refreshing, and the coffee was a tasty reminder of Eygpt.

A pleasant evening, delightful host. Regret i had to leave Toledo before we had another meal !

Looking at my receipts this was actually the cheapest 2 course evening meal we had in Spain..... but also the best! Just shows you dont need the alcohol!!

1 Thank brian-g-d
Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
As usual I can only thank you for your kind feelings and nice words as well as wishing you the best that you honestly deserve.
Vancouver, Canada
“Fabulous on every level”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Finally, a flavourful departure from the same old, same old.

Alqahira Rincon de Oriente is an unexpected gem that deserves the great reviews here. It's ironic that the best flavours in three weeks in Spain have come out of an intimate, Middle Eastern eatery.

The service is attentive, welcoming and personal. The prices, surprisingly low.

1 Thank John S
Can´t imagine how thankful I feel for your visit first, and last, but not least, for your review full of sympathy and kindness. Thanks again. Regards.
Rutherford, California
“A great find”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

After touring the famous Cathedral in Toledo, my wife and I happened to find this wonderful restaurant. The owner was gracious and the food was just what we needed: great food at a good price. We enjoyed talking to the owner and we still remember the meal.

1 Thank KenM300
Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello,
Let me express my thanks for your review and your nice words and feeling toward us.
Thanks a lot.