“Enjoyable Evening”

Alqahira Rincon de Oriente
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: It is three years old and lovely, great Halal food, and in the heart of the old city of Toledo Spain. The best service and attention we had in central Spain. Parking Santo Tome, less than 50 m. far from rastaurant. Parkig address: Santa Ursula St. Nº 9, openned 24 hours. We serve no alkoholic drinks.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Delightful food and a pleasant evening. After two very tasty starters, we shared three items between the two of us, a salad, a chicken kebab and some somosas. These were delicious.
The hibiscus tea was very refreshing, and the coffee was a tasty reminder of Eygpt.

A pleasant evening, delightful host. Regret i had to leave Toledo before we had another meal !

Looking at my receipts this was actually the cheapest 2 course evening meal we had in Spain..... but also the best! Just shows you dont need the alcohol!!

1  Thank brian-g-d
Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

As usual I can only thank you for your kind feelings and nice words as well as wishing you the best that you honestly deserve.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Finally, a flavourful departure from the same old, same old.

Alqahira Rincon de Oriente is an unexpected gem that deserves the great reviews here. It's ironic that the best flavours in three weeks in Spain have come out of an intimate, Middle Eastern eatery.

The service is attentive, welcoming and personal. The prices, surprisingly low.

1  Thank John S

Can´t imagine how thankful I feel for your visit first, and last, but not least, for your review full of sympathy and kindness. Thanks again. Regards.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

After touring the famous Cathedral in Toledo, my wife and I happened to find this wonderful restaurant. The owner was gracious and the food was just what we needed: great food at a good price. We enjoyed talking to the owner and we still remember the meal.

1  Thank Ken M
Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hello,
Let me express my thanks for your review and your nice words and feeling toward us.
Thanks a lot.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch with my girlfriend on the 2nd of May, after visiting many different places within the old city. Having walked 12Km (according to Cardiotrainer in my Android!), my lunch at Al Qahira was definately more rewarding than going to Heaven with forty virgins (if I may say so!). Anyway, Fatih knows well how to make is customers feel at home and he is a true ambassador of the rich and milenary arabian culture. May you live a long and prosperous life Fatih.

1  Thank Pedro P
Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

I do feel thankful for your review and do wish you and all yours the best.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was fortunate enough to be in Toledo for 2 nights a week ago. I had dinner here the 2nd night, and I regret not going both nights! The owner, Fathi, is a gracious, lovely host. As a woman dining alone, sometimes one does not feel "welcome" in restaurants, or it feels like one is looked at as "a curiosity." I have to say, Fathi just made me feel welcome, like I was having dinner at a friend's house. The food was divine! The halal wine and coffee were very good too. Several of the reviews mention staying for 2 hours. I would agree. I did see a party of 3 come in and dine/finish within an hour, but you don't want to rush. I was there for 90 minutes and had to leave for an evening tour, but I easily could have stayed for 2 hours of more, so I would say, relax and take your time. I had the chicken shwarma and lentil soup--both excellent. Fathi allowed me to order half portions as normally the dishes are intended to share. Make sure to stop here if you are in Toledo!

2  Thank Jadareh1

whatever said, would be few to respond your nice words. Thanks.