“Memorable meal- a real dining experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Alqahira Rincon de Oriente
Ranked #4 of 410 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: Egyptian, Middle Eastern
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It is three years old and lovely, great Halal food, and in the heart of the old city of Toledo Spain. The best service and attention we had in central Spain. Parking Santo Tome, less than 50 m. far from rastaurant. Parkig address: Santa Ursula St. Nº 9, openned 24 hours. We serve no alkoholic drinks.
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Memorable meal- a real dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Thanks to Trip Advisor for suggesting this gem of a restaurant! Our host truly made us feel as welcome as if we were dining in his home. He offered only the best, freshest foods and made excellent suggestions regarding the menu. We tasted a variety of wonderful dishes, from salads to falafel to dolmades, to kebabs, and wonderful desserts. Alcohol was not served, but really not needed as there was a varitey of delicious drinks, (we enjoyed a hibiscus drink that was very good) halal wines and teas that the host himself blends. Service was excellent. We truly hated for the evening to end. I would suggest local residents as well as tourists would do well to visit Alquahira. I purchased a spice and orange tea before I left, and the delicious smell brings back the memories of a wonderful evening in Toledo.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I.ve been living around five years in Toledo, and believe me, the best I ´ve got are customers like you, and some other few things. Thank you.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon
“Authenticity pays off.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

What an excellent surprise. Just had lunch at this place in Toledo and I couldn't be happier about my choice. Fresh ingredients, very interesting and tasteful food options. In terms of cost, great value comparing to the quality offered. The 2 otoman chairs by the entrance are just beautiful. The owner is a wonderful host, knowing exactly how to treat his customers. Feeling tempted to make a detour to Toledo next time I'm driving to Madrid.

Fathi S S, Owner at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks a lot for your nice words and feelings. You´ve just recieved what you deserve, and may be less. Thanks again.
Hong Kong
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had late lunch in Consuegra, so we wasn't hungry when we reached.
Service was great, the boss suggested soup, chicken Kebab, iced drinks.....all are fresh and nice.
I will suggest this restaurant to everyone who go to visit Toledo.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Fathi S S, Propietario at Alqahira Rincon de Oriente, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Many thanks for your opinion, and I´d really wish to see you back in Toledo.
Ajijic, Mexico
“After 2 months of travel, this was our very BEST low to mid-priced meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

In the past two months, my husband and I have traveled from Turkey to Greece to Portugal and Spain. As we told our very gracious host, this was our best meal of many in this general price category. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I´d just like to express you how thankful I feel for your nice words and to wish you the best.
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

They know it: keep your menu small, so all the food offered wil be fresh and tasty. I got me and my family almost all dishes and they were all great. Tasty falafel, good kebabs, good sauces, dolmas as fresh as they should be and some nice sambusa. Well, it could have had more spice/hotter for me but Europeans usually hate it.

It's great that people told me about this place as the alternatives in Toledo are mostly tourist traps or fast food chains, with unpleasant staff. The owner is such a welcoming man, that you want to stay and have more.

Many thanks for your positive opinion of us as well as for your lovely words.