- The receptionists were friendly and helpful. Spoke good English.
- There was a bathtub, and a TV with english language channels.
- Decor is pretty with rustic exposed brick walls, though our room (No. 12) was not nearly as nice as that in the pictures provided.
- Location was not bad, near to the Zocodover Square, but some distance away from the Jewish quarter, so do know where you intend to sightsee more before deciding which location is best. Having said that, however, the central (tourist) area of Toledo is small enough to be covered on foot, so nothing is ever too far away.
- Cumber room lock system (lock & key based), so all in the travelling party must stick together.
- The toilet does not have any lock, so take note of that to avoid any embarassing accidents!!! - The room was small for 3 people (a double room, 2+1 slightly smaller bed), though rather cheap at EUR74/night.
- Minor grouse: beds were on wheels which moved far too easily, so when I sat up on the bed and leaned against the wall, the bed started rolling.
Conclusion: This hotel is not excellent by any means, but there's really nothing seriously wrong with it either. I do not mind staying here again, if I revisit Toledo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the midst of the walled city of Toledo sits this unique hotel, whose principal structure is a rustic home and an antique blacksmith shop dating back to 1815. The enclave's easy access to all points of Toledo is privileged. Near Zocodover, the city's principal plaza, the Hotel Abad Toledo is surrounded by some of Toledo's most emblematic monuments: the Puerta del Sol, the Mosque of Cristo de la Luz (999 B.C.), the Puerta de Bisagra in addition to amazing views of the lower section of the Tagus River. This charming three-star hotel houses 22 rooms, each one unique. During the restoration of the building, efforts were made to maintain all of its original element, such as hand-hewn wooden ceiling and wall beams and exposed brickwork, while adding a modern concept of design and decoration. The results are both functional and innovative, but always very cozy and inviting. Paying special attention to the guest, this family endeavour has thought of every detail to ensure a comfortable stay: air conditioning, heat, Radio, satellite dish, personal safes and hair dryers. Also a buffet-style breakfast composed of traditional Spanish and more continental fare is offered every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotwire and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hotel Abad Toledo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.